• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Identify my CC please

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jshoemaker

displayname
James Shoemaker
Well I'm certain my supposedly IH Cub is actually an MTD/CCC machine goin by the serial number but it still seems to be a great lil tractor. I have owned it for about four days now lol. Its my first cub so I was excited when I was told it was International. Anyhow I was hoping to figure out what year it might be and anything I need to be cautious of since it is an mtd machine.
The model number is: 142782100
The serial number is: 2050585U708170
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Oh and I forgot to mention its a 782... I'm sure the model and serial number will tell that but I thought it was worth mentioning. Thanks again

James - Welcome to the forum.
Where did you get your numbers from ?

I got the numbers off of the data plate on the left side of the frame. And thanks for the welcome... Im getting cub fever bad and wanting to learn everything i can lol.

James - You might need to change this statement:
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Its my first cub so I was excited when I was told it was International.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

JAMES - I ran the numbers through the Parts Lookup at the above button link and got no return on the model number. You have an MTD not International as the two words do not go together.
I don't know if your engine would be the Series 1 or 2 , Series II being the full pressure lube.

Other than the Series I engine there's nothing to get concerned about as far as I remember.
Wish I had it Series I or II !

Someone else will get in here later I'm sure and help you out.

You think so? I was thinking any serial number after 700000 was an mtd product. but I don't "know" anything as I've just started researching in the past week. So any insight would be awesome! Thanks.

Sorry I meant that when I bought it I was told it was an international... And then I started looking on here at the serial numbers and found out it was not an IH but an mtd product. I was excited bc I thought I was buying a true IH.

James -
Never less you have a good Cub Cadet !

Steve Blunier of Matt G. will find this thread and get you the info you're looking for. They've got 782s and Matt seems to be good on the MTDs .

Oh please don't take it the wrong way I'm still thrilled that I came up on this tractor. Its in really good shape to be as old as it is. From what I can tell from the posts on here its still got all IH parts even down to the CI rear end I think. I'll have to check when I get back to SC on thursday to be sure. Its a pretty cool machine I bought it on saturday and took it home and cut 3 acres with it as soon as I took it off my truck and checked the oil and put gas in it lol. Imma take some pictures when I get home and try to post here somewhere.

An MTD tractor with that low of a serial number will have mostly IH parts, including the frame, dash tower, and CI rearend. The cutoff for the CI rear is 719,999. Even the plastic dash may say 'INTERNATIONAL' and the steering wheel cap may have the IH logo in it. The MTD produced versions of those parts lacked IH badging.

If the front axle and dash tower are red instead of black, they are probably IH produced.

All in all, it's a good tractor...I have a much later CCC 782 and it probably gets used the most out of all my tractors.

Thanks for the info matt. I've seen alot of your posts on here and it seems you really know your stuff lol. the dash tower is black and I think the front end is to. It does lack the IH badging but its no big deal to me. I didn't get to play with it much or look real hard at it when I got it home on saturday. I had to leave on sunday and been gone since then, truck driving is not fun when it interferes with me playing with my new machines lol.

Thanks for the help kentucky ken and matt. I really appreciate it. Any suggestions on what to do with my tractor please let me know.

MTD used the "International" name all the way through the 782 series (1984).

IH/MTD used the Kohler KT-17 Series I though Chassis Serial #726124.

The Series I was updated to the Series II because of an improved lubrication system.

Here is an image showing the differences....

227859.jpg

The main difference was the way the Rod Journals were lubricated. Series I utilized the "splash or drip" method while the Series II used a pressurized oil system.

Latest posts

Back