• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hydro transmission

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rberg

displayname
Ronald Berg
I have a hydro transmission in a Bolen HT-18 that has no pressure. pump is turning. not sure if I should turn CW or CCW standing in front of tractor and looking to rear. I would like to send a picture but have never done that before

Ron, if you send the photo(s) to my email I will post it for you.. My email address is in my profile.

kraig, waiting for my grand daughter to come by and show me how

happy.gif

kraig, my e-mail account locked and wouldn't send hope I fix it but don't know let me know if you get this note

Ron B. I'm think the pump turns CCW however don't quote me on it. That from here doesn't look like the regualr 15U style and may be the discontinued Z style 15 Series. If so parts are getting hard to get for those. I'll try and do some checking for you.

Pretty much every GT out there except Cubs run CW.
On the Bolens, the engine runs CW and the stub shaft runs CCW on a few of them.

marlin according to my symatic it is a 15 series, inline type

Marlin,charge pump looks ok small pin is in place changed filter checked fluid level is ok still no presure

Ron B. Are the two check valves sticking? You can remove them and clean them and then use a small rod to push on the ball bearing through the tiny hole at the bottom. Also, this pump is still on the Bolens yet, correct? If not and it is on the Cub Cadet then your charge punp needs to be rotated 180* so that it is in correct orientation.

Marlin, yes still on the bolens, grandson will be here today and we will check that

Marlin, I have removed the check valves and all look ok but I am wondering if changing all the "O" rings might help. the troubleshooting chart says to replace the valves. Is there a place where I can get parts diagram for this transmission

Marlin. Is there some way that this trans has to be brimmed to get pressure up

Ronald B. Go to the Cub Cadets parts look up and anyone of the Quietline Models such as a 1450 should have a schenatic for parts. Another thing to consider is this... Someone may have pulled your Bolens tractor just enough to have damaged the inside of the system. The 15U pumps normally don't need much in priming except when you remove the charge pump it helps to put a small amount fo clean grease on the gerotor to help in priming. Without physically seeing the whole works it is extrmemely hard to diagnose any problem. At this point if you really want hydraulic lift on your Cub Cadet then I'd just get a ported hydro and the necessary parts and take things from there. If you really want to take the pump apart then ask Donald T. for his help in taking the pump apart. He can literally walk you through step by step. If you've really studied the 15 SERIES SERVICE MANUAL, CLICK HERE then it will give you a LOT of trouble shooting information. Hope this helps.

Ronald B

In your picture below at Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 08:07 pm: shows us your hydro. It is different than my pump in that the hydro reverse and forward check valves are where you have connected fluid lines to supply power steering . The Cub pumps we have in our cubs have ports in the pump for two check valves and some have ports for hydro lift system a also a check valve for the pump pressure. did your tractor come with power steering ???? Or are you adding it to your tractor ??? here is a picture of my 15u pump apart .

285843.jpg

Donald T. I have a Bolens H-18 Model it has power steering factory installed . the transmission is a sundstrand series 15 inline charge pump will not produce any pressure

Ron B. Did you contact the gentleman that I asked you to? Now for the hard part of informing you.... Cub Cadets have a what is called a 15U Series pump and you have the inline style. Your pump will not work on a Cub Cadet due to the configuration. If you read and study the Service manual that I put on the thread on sunday April 27th you will notice the difference. NOW.... unless you take the whole pump apart to see if anything internal is broken I'll first walk you through some things to check. GO TO THE SERVICE MANUAL and check for the locations of the check valves, implement relief valves and see if they are sticking or worn out. Your charge pump may be worn out although I doubt it. Over the years the one thing I've noticed is how few people keep blaming something else when they don't delve further into the SERVICE MANUAL and study it. You could have worn implement relief springs, sticking check valve, a pump that has been towed and the internals are trashed. You really need to do more then just keep asking how to prime the charge pump. That service Manaul will literally walk you through everything on what to trouble shoot to repairing the critter. USE it please. I am NOT being mean.... just practical. ALSO PROPER ORIENTATION of the pump is critical... Have you checked that?

Latest posts

Back