• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hydro bench-test?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmwkrill

displayname
Charles Matthew Wayne Krill
Hey guys, I'll make a long story short: The junk-yard where I am working on saturday afternoons has a whole bunch of cub cadets. Mr Crabill, the owner, will eventually see if I can get the engines running to remove from the cubs so they can be put into storage where no-one will be able to steal parts off of them. Some of the cadets already have the motor out, though, and I was wondering:

I recall seeing a method somewhere on the forum awhile back that someone rigged up to bench test the hydro units, (and possibly gear transmissions?) Trouble is, I can't find it.. Can someone point me in the right direction? Mr. Crabill would like to figure out if the drive trains are any good.. As he put it: "Its the difference between trying to make it run and drive again, or parting out what I can and scrapping the rest."

Rig up a cordless drill to spin the drive shaft.
That should tell if the hydro will move the wheels. Jack up the tractor and let her rip.

Thank ya Kendal.. Hadn't thought of doing it that way. -facepalms- I suppose, when trying to do things "right", we often forget what is "easy".

Where's Kentuck ?? (he ran a front end loader around on a 1/2 drill IIRC)

Gerry, somewhere on a CD I have a video of KENtucky using the drill to move his old Hough Payloader with a 1/2 electric drill. Here's a screen capture from that video.

258648.jpg

Thanks Kraig...I also remember Kentuck talking about running his payloader on an extension cord! That was a bunch of years back. (looked at some old notes, that was pre 2007+)

Allen, yep, the extension cord powered the 1/2" electric drill.

Gerry, me too. I've tried on several occasions to get him to post again. He and I exchange emails on a fairly regular basis. I've sent him links to posts here in an attempt to get him to stop by. He has not logged in since October 2011.
sad.gif

Latest posts

Back