• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

How many of you have Farmall 140 tractors?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mwheeler

In my family we have 2 Farmall 140 cultivator tractors. They served as planter and cultivating tractors when my grandfather was still in tobacco. We still use them as a general purpose tractor, like a large garden tractor, we use ours to move trailers around for the most part, and to do a little gardening (mostly corn).

My grandfather's is a 1979 model, it was the last new Farmall 140 sold in North Carolina, right when the new IH 240/285? (don't know which one exactly) took its place.

My father's is a 1972 model. I think its interesting to look at the differences between the '72 and the '79.

I had the chance to tinker on a 1959 (I believe) Farmall 100 tractor last year, the guy who owned it had got it for free, the tractor was laying in someone's back yard in pieces, he went there, and put a new engine in it, and did everything mechanically to it, but only put straight water in the radiator, and it cracked the block, and they tried to have it welded, but it could not be fixed, so it's sitting at the guy's son's place in his back yard. I thought about going to see about JB welding that crack up to see if it would hold. It's sad to see it in that state.

So how many of you have Farmall 100's, 130's, and 140 tractors and what year are they?

Max...We've still got the 140 that my Grangfather bought brand new..Not sure the year and ser. number But I'll check on it...Has the manual trip loader bucket on it and we still use the Buzz-saw for cuttin fire wood for my Dad...I know there is also a sickle-bar mower for it in the shed and can remember Grandpa using it to mow the ditch banks...I'll post pics when I get up to Dads next

Does anyone have any info on a 140 honey bee loader? There seems to be a number of IH parts on them.

Tristan Z. - I remember reading something about a Honey Bee loader & IH 140's. Not sure but I'd guess it was about a year or so ago on the Red Power Magazine forum. redpowermagazine.com
You have to "register" to post, not sure about just doing searches.

Never been around the little Louisville Farmall's much, they were kinda small for rowcrops in the midwest where I grew up. Even H's & M's were getting "small" in the '60's.

The chassis of the loaders were ALL IHC, IH made many sizes of power units for all different companies & types of equipment. Anything from just engines, engines & clutches, and engines, clutches & transmissions. Anything from 60 CID, CUB Farmall-size up to UD-24 diesels displacing 1100 CID.

Back