• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Heavy duty lt 2042

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
I picked this up as a donor for a 1863 I have with a blown engine.
The 2042 has 200 hours on the clock.Kohler CH 18.So it is coming out and going into this 1863.

309515.jpg

309516.jpg

Most manuals for these 2000 series and the cyclops are available on the cub cadet web site.

The cam broke.If I find another cam,I will clean up the block and put it back together.

311728.jpg

311729.jpg

with the cam in that condition, I know that Kohler would advise on changing the crankshaft also. If you do doubt me, please call them at their toll-free number. 800/544-2444

The crankshaft gear is a shrink-fit and is likely now out of time. Kohler also advises that if the cam gear is bad, simply replacing the cam will result in a premature failure. I have found this to hold true.

I'm sorry to be bearer of such bad news, but I'd rather you know upfront. Oh well, Happy New Year.

Back