Haban 402E sickle bar mower parts.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstorma

displayname
Jim Storma
Hi,

This is not really a want add, wondering. Does anyone know a good source for Haban parts? I’m looking for a few parts mostly the 3434 spring that goes on the chain that wraps around the pulley. Also looking for the grass divider board on the end part # 4648.

I know Haban parts are hard to find. If there isn’t a good source, could someone take a picture of the spring and possibly give me some details about it?

Thanks!

Jim

Sadly there is no one making repro parts. I have a NOS one that I will never use, and may end up parting it out some day.

I am not familiar with that spring, but McMaster Carr will (or at least used to) make custom springs to your specs. Your spring may be more complex than they do but worth checking out.

Jim,
Here is a picture of the spring. AOL 7 3/4" long. Coil section is 5 1/2" and is 1 3/8 in diameter. wire thickness is 1/8"+

Attachments

• DSC09418.JPG
    DSC09418.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC09419.JPG
    DSC09419.JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC09420.JPG
    DSC09420.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 0
Ipalma,

Thank you! I actually just purchased one on Ebay. Once received I'll see if it is just like yours or if it's different. Will post pictures of it. Do you know if that one is for the "E" version or a different version?

Ipalma,

Thank you! I actually just purchased one on Ebay. Once received I'll see if it is just like yours or if it's different. Will post pictures of it. Do you know if that one is for the "E" version or a different version?
It is off a 402 E

Parts are definitely hard to find! I've been looking for a cutter bar sheath for 3 years now.

Ipalma, Here is the spring I bought. Pretty rusty! Hook is different on one end. The overall length as you show is 12-1/2" The body length is 9-1/4". The O.D. of the coils are 1-1/4" Wire dia. is about .18 (7) gage.

The person I bought it from claims its from a Haban Sickle mower for a Cub Cadet. Model 402g. My searching the internet shows there was never a g made. At least for a Cub Cadet. I'm going to try this spring sometimes and see how it keeps it level when the sickle is in the transport position. With the long hook I should be able to adjust the chain length pretty easily.

OBH. I'm missing that part as well. Was there someone that was making replicas? We should find who that is and reach out to them.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 0
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back