• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Grapes, Anyone?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnolte

displayname
Bruce Nolte
I decided I couldn't wait any longer to pick my Seyval grapes. The birds and the bees were starting to take interest, and their toll was getting worse by the day, while the sugar content of the grapes seems to have peaked. Nonetheless, I managed to pick about 275 lbs of grapes off of about 20 vines. Some of the vines almost filled an entire box themselves!! Here's a couple of shots of the vineyard, along with my haul of Seyval grapes

93489.jpg

Here's what I hauled in from the vineyard today

93490.jpg

A shot from the vineyard before harvest

93491.jpg

In a couple of years I'll have some Rieslings

93492.jpg

Here are some of the Chambourcins I have yet to harvest

Hey neighbor!

Let me know when it all turns into wine!!
beer2.gif

Crushed and pressed the Seyval today, and had several people come over to help. We picked the Chambourcin and got them crushed as well. The Seyval is now juice sitting in 5 gallon jugs, freshly inoculated with yeast, while the Chambourcin is sitting in a big purple container, sterilized and waiting its turn to become wine.

Neither one will be really ready to drink for about a year, but I do have the Chardonnay and Zinfindel from last year that is bottled and ready for enjoyment.

Latest posts

Back