• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gardens 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little bit more than a month since my last picture. Things have GROWN. I've got one pumpkin plant that is trying to overtake the whole garden that is in desperate need of trimming back.
241340.jpg

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos"

Where did you buy your ramps for loading your tractors. I`am in need of a Ramp to load my Zturn .
old.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif

I am glad you guys have some garden. My Irish potatoes has done fair and the sweet potatoes look pretty good. The corn done good but is gone now. My other vegetables have dried up and is gone. My lawn is almost dead and the shade trees are shedding leaves like fall. I need to blow leaves this week. Lawn was mowed five weeks ago. It now is brown. It is raining all around me, but not here. The dogs are being folowed by the shrubery trying to find water.Ha Ha. The cub cadets are lonley and the wife is wanting me to get out of the house(not really).

I would have posted earlier that the sweetcorn is ready, but I was busy eating the first one...
241886.jpg

Taters are dug and in the shed!

241924.jpg

They used to live here so I got out the 1650 and #2 for some cub time. She had sat for about 2 months. About 1/2 throttle and some choke and she fired right up. What a sweet machine. Not as big a crop as last year and hardly any nice bakers. Mostly Yukon Gold from my own seed. Picked about 1/2 the corn the other day and got 14 Qts frozen. 8 Qts of lime pickles so far and 14 Qts small spuds.

241925.jpg

We need SOME SERIOUS RAIN HERE!!. If I don't keep watering we will be lucky to have beans to eat let alone can!

Dave Schwandt

lOOKS LIKE SOME NICE POTATOES David.The beans look great. We have not watered our garden at all and it shows. Everything has dried up except cucumbers.squashand melons. We will dig our Irish potatoes soon. The sweet potatoes are looking really good but won't be dug until frost.
I have late corn but it isn't going to mature. The ears are small due to the dry weather.

I've got the same problem with the ears on my corn...small. There is a coon in the area that doesn't mind them though. I have an electric fence but I also have smart animals. I'm getting between five to ten pounds of okra a day now. It's about to kill my back. I have a little roller seat I use and it helps a lot but it's still a lot of work. I plan to pickle some for Christmas presents. I should have cucs in a couple of weeks at the most. Lack of rain was a problem there for a while but now the garden seems to stay wet with the afternoon showers. I also have some pretty little watermelons. Where I planted the squash the soil was apparently bad or in need of something. They didn't do well at all and squash is usually one of the best producers. I plan to do soil tests for the whole garden soon. It's just that time.

I'm really looking forward to the fall garden. I think the best thing about it is the okra is about done then.

We started digging our potatos and this is a small sample

242607.jpg

242608.jpg

This one looks like a mouse and even has a tail

242609.jpg

242610.jpg

Back