• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gardens 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
OK, January is about done and I'm just about going ape $--t. Lets get this thread started.

Tom we aren't planting anything until middle of March when we will plant potatoes if weather permits. Got part of my garden plowed. Need to plow two others.

234831.jpg

Weather keeps holding I may have to get the 1650 woke up so that I can get it ready for tiller duty!!

The little cubs is getting a workout this week. I have plowed 4 gardens.Mowed 2 lawns.
We have planted some potatoes, cabbage, peas,onions,mustard, and lettuce. The regular crop of beans, corn,tomatoes and potatoes will be another 3 to 4 weeks.

We had a pretty massive storm last night, nickle size hail and widespread flooding. Every thing is alright except for the garden. Pics

Was lettuce PHOTO 1

Spinach? PHOTO 2

Where is the dirt? PHOTO 3

Found it. PHOTO 4

Now the question is do I till it up and start again or wait and see if the plants survive?

We just had a pretty bad hail storm and my garden is about destroyed. Beans, corn, cabbage, tomatoes and peas. Have some trees down so i will have to clean the lawn of trees and debree.

Wow it's nice to have a garden again!

It's been 7 years since I've had my Cubs and since I've had a place to have a garden. Now that we're all settled in the new house, I've got plants started inside and the garden tilled up.
238264.jpg

238265.jpg

all of our potatos are in also 355 hills total

238509.jpg

Garden is doing better now.Bugs is having a field day. Used the 102 and tiller to plow yesterday. Also used the 100 with the sears tiller. It does great but needs to be wider. We are making fresh salads. The beans and corn are 6 inches tall. Tomatoes and pepper about ready to bloom. The hail storm just slowed it down a bit. Sorry i don't have my picture problem solved yet. Wish there was a power toys for windows 7.

All of the garden (with the exception of the 2nd and 3rd sweetcorn plantings) are transplanted. I'm keeping it simple this year, in June we'll be focused on our new little girl, and NOT a garden
bouncy.gif

238875.jpg

Wyatt sounds like you will have to join the coming and going thread soon congrats early.

Wyatt,
happy.gif

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

...in June we'll be focused on our new little girl, and NOT a garden<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

It's not necessarily "garden" per se, but it makes the back yard more enjoyable. The Orioles are here, and I set up a feeder full of grape jelly. They love it.
239049.jpg

239050.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality picture, I didn't have a chance to change the resolution. The fuzzy picture doesn't do the coloring justice, and sort of makes it look more brown-ish like a robin.

Back