• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gardens 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wyatt, I like the feeder! Simple to install.
happy.gif

Well we finally got the garden mostly planted.
I used the tiller and got one pass before the belt broke. So I had to use the disc and spike drag. It didn't turn out too bad, but the tiller does a much nicer job.
239246.jpg

239247.jpg

Here are some pictures of my granpas garden, I help him with it alot (we live next door)

This is the corn/bean feild
239263.jpg

Other side of corn/bean feild
239264.jpg

Carrots, lettuce, radishes, and other stuff
239265.jpg

None of my cubs do the work, here is the main work horse
239266.jpg

He cultivates the corn/beans with this
239267.jpg

Lucas, very nice garden!
thumbsup.gif
That's encroaching on small scale farming category.
happy.gif

Lucas-

In the pic with the carrots, lettuce, etc. is there a reason for it being in the middle surrounded by corn? I never thought of it but the rabbits might think there's only corn there so they keep on hopping????

I bet granpa has a reason.

Wayne, before planting it he burns a lage fire over it to kill all of the weeds(it works), that is the safest location to burn without stating a wildfire.

That makes sense. I use black plastic and cover an area to do the same thing. I bet the burning is a lot faster.

Thanks.

My niebore at the last place I lived at has a 1/4 scale steam traction engine. he kills the grass in his garden by steaming the ground every year. He built a 4x8 box and pumps steam into it for about half an hour then moves on to the next spot. sounds goofy but he has a pretty clean garden.

Last night I helped out my sisters and their husbands prepare a new garden area. My sisters and their husbands live on adjacent properties. They had cut the trees and shrubs out and burned the brush. They used my parent's big 4x4 JD 5210 tractor to pull the mid sized stumps. I hauled my Original and walk behind tiller out last night to do the finish work. The Original was able to pull out 3" stumps!
Shift.gif
I was surprised how well it pulled.
proud.gif
I then attempted to plow the area but the ground was so uneven that it was not possible with the short wheelbase to keep from diving and then pulling out of the ground. I then used my 18 year old MTD walk behind tiller. It worked great even with the all the roots, I just had to be quick to lift it when I'd hit the larger roots. The soil is quite nice here, nice black dirt and deep! When they were digging out the largest stump they dug down over 2 feet and had not dug below the top soil. Still lots of sticks and roots to clean out but it's looking great. Here's some photos my sister took with her iphone. She used an app on a few of them to make the photos look old.

239338.jpg

239339.jpg

239340.jpg

239341.jpg

All done and ready to load up.

239342.jpg

Lucas, no I don't. The walk behind is more flexible. I'm not a fan of the Cub Cadet rear mount tiller. Besides, I do have this Cub Cadet tiller and the AC-620:

239345.jpg

Kraig, nice setup with the Allis. What is up with the fender deck transaxel in the background?

Grandpa had the super A out cultivating today.
239348.jpg

Lucas, thanks. That is a 107 parts chassis. There's several NF parts tractors there just out of view.

The rain is treating the garden quite well. Strawberries are doing surprisingly well for barely putting any work into them.
239379.jpg

239380.jpg

Heres a couple of shots from ours

Potatos here about 350 plants
239895.jpg

and here is the sweet corn starting to come up, 14 rows with about 50 plants each
239896.jpg

We have had no rain but I keep the garden watered

Here is one of our garlics

241319.jpg

heres a shot from the roof the left side next to goats grazing is our potatos and our corn is 2 and 3 feet.

241320.jpg

and Mr. Speckles after a bath just chillin

241321.jpg

Back