• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

From the "Ouch!" dept....

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a Rube Goldburg kinda thing Kentuck would have been proud to build !
construction.gif

Friendly bunch there..... explanation is on the 4th of five pages... 4 year old musta thought that bucket control was like the joystick on Dad's computer??

Allen - I'm more of a Grave Digger™ kinda guy
64232.gif

Kendell - I never did that but! I do remember throwing my uncle's gear shift into "P" one night going down the road ...

At least when I was running full throttle on my narrow front <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> 230 across a RR track and hooked a turning plow point on the rail I didn't end up like that.

I caught the corner of a gas station pump island while plowing snow in an old cabover jeep. Steering wheel was just above belt buckle level. Took me about five minutes before I could speak again.......
eek.gif

Well Ken, Ya know seatbelts save lives, good to know you only got winded. Hope you buckle up now. The poor guy in the tractor had a double problem, a busted face, and probabily a broken ankle trying to climb out of his new 'highlift'. Gave my son a picture of wrecked tractor to post at work with caption 'keep bucket tilted up'. May prevent an accident by some east-coast cowboys!

Allen - that was at least 40 years ago - no belts in the vehicle.. it was a fun ride, though - 327 Chevy under your feet - could light up all four wheels, but too many guys drove it, it was always breaking..
I spent 32 years as a civilian in the agency in our state (the one with blue cars with red gumball machines on top) that pushed seatbelt compliance - I alwaaaysss buckle up !!
thumbsup.gif

Horsepower/torque all depends on the overall setup of the vehicle. Any vehicle from tractor to go cart to automobile is different. IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THE SETUP, ASK THE OLD TIMERS THEY KNOW THERE STUFF!!!

Todd,
I believe Kendell is trying to say that you are not making any sense.
screwloose.gif

err.gif
err.gif

Terry and Kendall, you are both right. I think I had a point but can't remember now. I am too young to be forgetin stuff. Sorry

Kendell is how your name is spelled, sorry again somebody get me away from the computer, please

Todd:
Kendell, Kendall, Gerry, Gary, Hey You .... I answer to all of 'em - Also I was really hoping to find out what you meant by your comment, since it was all true, I just wasn't sure of the connection... Ya know, I've got an excuse for losing track of what <u>I'm </u> posting - I'm older than KentucK....
roflol.gif
roflol.gif

Hey you, easy there. I'm probabily older than you are. I lost my mind last week and just found it today under a bunch of brush I was shredding . A neighbor recognized it just in time, for what ever its worth!

I think Todd meant to post that to the main forum in answer to a question on older tractors having less HP then new lawn tractors.....
dunno.gif

Havent been here since my last brain fart. My point was that from a garden tractor to automobile if you build a killer engine, but the rest of your "vehicles" setup is stock what have you really acomplished? In my opinion horsepower is great but if you cant get it to the ground with the results you want consistently then your setup is wrong. The oldtimers comment was out of line on my part, for that I apologize. That doesnt meen that "some of us" are not old. I forgot my upbringing, RESPECT YOUR ELDERS. My comment was meant to mean that guys who have been there done that most of the time know best. My father told me growing up "Boy, the more you try to prove me wrong, the more you only prove me right"! Age comes with wisdom, and I have a ways to go. By the way I will be a wopping 27 years old on 12-18-07

Todd, let me reassure you that us old timers didn't take any offense...And I really do agree, ya gotta get the HP to the ground..(most of my life, I been spinnin' my wheels)
bubbly.gif

Back