• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

First post ~ Proud Cub 1650 Owner

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlbarnes

displayname
Robert Barnes
Hello to everyone! I recently aquired my boss' old 1650 mower with snow-thrower. I have to say that I love these old tractors and I am anxious to get started on this project. It's a little rough around the edges but looks decent for a '76 model. I'm sure it will clean up well.

If I could ask for some advice though, the engine is a bear to get started. It only wants to run with the choke all the way on and throttle wide open. Any less choke or throttle and it will simply idle down and die. While the engine was running I removed the air cleaner and noticed a significant amount of air/fuel blowing back through the carb. Is this a good way to tell that I need a valve job? As far as I know, the engine was rebuilt 5 years ago but he said he never touched the valves. Im guessing that would be a pretty good place to start,but I wanted to ask the pro's.

Thanks in advance for any info!

-Robert

Robert - Welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie myself here but not to cubs all together. I think you want to run this question through the main forum because the 1650 is a garden tractor and you'll get more response there. These guys are great but they really like sticking to the rules. About your 1650 situation, why don't you go through the carb and eliminate that first as a source of the problem and check the govenor adjustment as well. Good luck, Wayne

Yeah sorry, could a mod please move or delete this thread? Sorry for the mistake. Thanks for the advice Wayne!

Robert, welcome!
groupwave.gif
It can be a bit confusing to new forum members as to where to post. Your post can stay here but the proper place would be as Wayne mentioned, the "IH Cub Cadet Forum". You will get more people seeing your post there and more and/or faster responses to your queries.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back