• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Firewood haulin machine

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkiper

displayname
bryan kiper
I know its not a tractor but it works like one. Its a 750 brute force 4x4. I use this to haul my wood to the house from the back 40. I would like to use one of my cubs but dont want to put it through that much abuse. I fabed up a front blade for it and use the winch to raise and lower it. I know it pulls like a tractor cause i can fill a ford ranger bed trailer with green oak and hickory and pull it any where i want. I made the blade from an old 6 foot 3 point grader. I cut it dow by a foot and made my own mounts. The blade also angles from side to side with a pin. I use it to clear the road in thw winter for all the neighbors. here are some pics
243513.jpg
243514.jpg

Bryan, nice wood hauling setup. How about some detail photos of your blade setup?
happy.gif
That looks like a Speeco log splitter. I have a 22ton Speeco splitter. It works great.

the blade mount is made from 2 1/2" square tubing. it runs from the rear hitch to the front of the frame. used 2 peices of 3/8" plate steel to make the pivot brackets and a 5/8" pin. used more 3/8 plate steel to atatch to blade and make blade angle. i made every thing from scraps i had laying around. will post pictures tomorrow.

Bryan, I believe the Huskee is made by Speeco. They are virtually the same splitter. I looked at both the Huskee at TSC and the Speeco at Fleet Farm. I ended up buying the Speeco as the Fleet Farm store is closer to my place and they put it on sale.

Speeco

Huskee

here are some pics of my blade mount. Its crude but functional. I made it from scrap steel I had laying around.
243592.jpg
243593.jpg
243594.jpg
243595.jpg
243596.jpg

the trailer in the bottom picture I actually broke the axle clean into from over loading wit wood and the brute didnt seem bothered by the weignt. I drug the broken trailer home with the full load of wood still on it lol

Latest posts

Back