• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

fine spline rearends?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbischof

displayname
Rick Bischof
My brother and I are trying to figure out mics. parts & pieces that our late father horded over the years. Had a fellow ask about a couple of rear differentials as being fine spline. They are most likely from a wide frame tractors and can these be adapted to hydro or stick shift?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can tell you that there are fine spine axles and differentials. I understand that there are 30 mm ones and 1 inch ones. I have been told that there are different diff carriers. It's safe to say my info is very limited. I am still new to the Cub Cadet world. I have also been told that the fine spline stuff is in spread frames only. Don't know much about them. The tractor pulling guys could help out,those are some of the stronger set ups. What else are you parting with?

The fine spline rear axles/differentials were introduced later with the CCC/MTD aluminum rear ends. The inner bits can be adapted to fit into the cast iron rear ends. I recall several people doing it over the years.

Here's one thread about it:

782 rear axle swap

Here's another:

Upgrading a 2072 aluminum rearend to cast iron

Latest posts

Back