Exxon Oil Leak

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KENtuckyKEN

A river bottom seems like a pretty DUMB place to put a pipe line!
thumbdown.gif

Don:
The article sez it was buried 6 feet below the river bed.... We've had a number of such events here in Michigan in the last few years.. Really bad one into the Kalamazoo river last year and a tank leak into the ground water in Ingham county this spring. It took a local farmer to tell the oil company that they were dumping gasoline, apparently for quiet a number of days on the last one.. If the Yellowstone event follows true to form on these things, it's gonna be a lot worse than they are saying now..

It's like the comments that were left at the bottom of that article.

The oil companies need to quit lining their pockets and spend the money to inspect all of their supply lines.

Remember the natural gas pipe main that exploded in California a year or two ago ...

A lot more of the population of the US is gonna learn what "infrastructure" (as in "rotting infrastructure") means...
coffee.gif

Isn't it sad how true that is - until the failure - like the I-35w bridge collapse or that gas explosion in Cali...then everybody knows about it. Heck, we can't even get the power company to clear trees out of the right of ways and then end up with a couple hundred thousand homes without power after a bad storm....

Gerry - True story ...

The guy that I built the pressure treatment plant for years ago lives up the road from an old wooden bridge over a set of tracks. He himself is a now retired RR engineer.
He had a little single axle dump truck loaded with lime and his youngest boy was with him. He went over the bridge and it collapsed dropping him , his son and 10 ton of lime 25 feet onto the tracks.

He said termites swarmed the air. The RR said HE had to pay for the bridge ! He was under the posted weight limit for the bridge.

Same bridge when I was 12 I went flying down that long hill to the bridge one night and hit the side of the railing as the road made a right turn getting on the bridge. I went about 3/4 of the way over the rail and would have gone completely over the the peddle on the bike hadn't got caught on the wood rail.

Funny part is a few miles from there they did this last year. He's the one in the middle.

Same bridge that this new one replaced claimed my Dad's sister in the 50's. Hard rain , NO side rails and she went over the side into the river.

Back in '83, a pickup truck with drunks "centered up" on the right side of the old iron bridge around the corner from us. They were doing about 40 and drove the bridge (about a 100', standard single span iron bridge from about 1910) right off its foundation and into the river.. I never figured out, but it seemed like there should have been 'nuff bolts left to keep the bridge on the foundation - I think they were rusted off....Took the county about 6 years to get a new bridge, not sure if the driver had insurance..

BP: "Nothing to see here, move along......"

Richard - Don't you have anything good to say ?

Now that you jogged my memory I remember a week or two ago hearing about some oil spotted in the Gulf (think it was there) but then I forgot about it and never investigated it.

I've been burning to many candles and I'm back up to 2 cartons of cigarettes a week now !

Ken, if you are referring to my posts about the oil continuing to pollute the gulf and destroying the ecology including MY FAVORITE fishing grounds,,,,, yes, I have nothing good to say.

And in the nicest of ways........ quit smoking!!!!!!

Well,,,,,tobacco anyways...................

Richard - Man it burns me to see ANY fishing hole get polluted !
I go postal at my lake seeing the garbage the OHIO NAVY throws in the water !!!!

I've wanted to go Tarpon fishing so bad I can't stand it but my strength has gone and I'd get my flat butt pulled over the gunwhale !

Everytime my stepdad goes to Venice, FL I tell him to set me up a charter ... but he NEVER listens
bash.gif

Latest posts

Back