• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Ever wonder if a #450 snowblower is any good?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
We had some really strong winds this past Monday night. The temps were down in the -20's with wind chills well below -40deg. Tuesday morning we woke up to -16deg and lower winds. The driveway was so drifted over, that about 75yrds of it looked like you had never stepped foot across it even though three vehicles had driven through it just before dinner the night before.

Anyway, here is why I LOVE my #450...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBICC2hRADo

If you own an 82-series tractor and ever have a chance to get one of these blowers, grab it. You won't regret it!

Looks like you was warm and having fun. I know there was a smile on your face. That thing really throws some snow....

Art

I have a 450 here I bought that came off an 1862 and It does not blow snow like my other 450 did before I striped the gear spline on the second stage impeller . I wonder if they could be geared different ? I need to get the spline repaired so next winter I can sit in my Cap and blow snow like that .My first 450 would blow snow like your video. thanks for that I needed something to get me going and have my first 450 repaired.

Art, cool video. I like how you can see the pulses in the snow from the impeller. The way the snow is coming down this morning you'll have to clear your driveway again this evening.

Well I hated losing all my confuser short cuts and You tube sign in is one . I have two 450 snow blowers and I thought I would make one a 366 to get away from the belt issues. So today I found this .
283203.jpg

and well how hard could it be to make a 450 over to a 366 . thanks Mat for this picture .

283204.jpg

the long arms will attach to my Cat O lower ling pins and use the mower lift arms for lift. simple . The only issue I might run into is speed to the gear box.

The thinking behind this Mod is ; I find the weight of the blower causes the rear wheels to loose traction because of the lift point and so much weight ahead.with the 366 mod moving the blower lowarded will transfer the weight of it back behind the rear axle.When lifted with the rock shaft and there lift arms should give me 6" of lift I bet and that weight will be on the back where the long arms attach and the rock shaft.That should end the heavy front end of the tractor.The drive shaft I show is a steering shaft from a truck.It has 10 mil joints at 8.00$ each.
1a_scratchhead.gif

I know a speed up pulley (smaller dia) makes a single stage blower work and I have a chance to pick a speed off the PTO .
1a_scratchhead.gif

So the lower bracket that will hold the one end of the drive shaft in place will have a pulley to align with my 1512 diesel PTO. so here is chance where the speed of the blower comes in lol. I Can make it sing but ? what seed do you all think would be Cats B . I should say I have not found what my 450 turns for RPM`S from tractor pto . I could make the second impeller turn faster because my ground speed would be slow and I could use most of the tractors HP.
1a_scratchhead.gif

I have a spare gear box and I will take it to see what they would Charge me $$ to add a longer end on the blower gear box and spline it so I can used this drive shaft . Both ends of this drive shaft, or steering shaft is splined and has a 8 metric bolt to lock it to a splined shaft.It has 4" of compression so that gives me some room to fit.Is you all with me ? It would be my communication issue lol.

Back