• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

E-85

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't miss the point. Look at the date when many of those record warm days were recorded. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how far back they will be. Weather patterns change. We always have had below 0 temps in Jan and Feb. Some years we have a lot of snow, others not so much. Same in the summer, last year we had plenty of rain, other years its been dry. To blame this all on Man's activities is absurd.

Hey Brian- What do you blame it on then? Some thing is causing it. As worldly population increases, more vehicles, companies still belching from smoke stacks more hydrocarbons you don't hink this an an effect? I recall winters in Iowa (Not to far from you) 60 years ago, snow so deep you couldn't see fence posts. Not drifts either!! But we all intitled to our opinion, so thats part of life.To add to the above list, you can also include decling health and increasing diseases.Snow there yesterday, only 71 here!! Have a good one!!
dunno.gif

Brian W: Some otherwise good folks are just naturally algoreythms. Dont confuse'em with things like facts.
roflol.gif

Myron B

Bryan, Very well put. In 10 years when everyone is hollering about the next ice age I'll laugh my behind off. This isn't about science anymore it's politics.

Yeah I know. Some folks say, "Don't confuse me with the facts. I've already made up my mind." Just to clear the air, I have snow so deep can't see the fence. A couple times we had a thaw and lost most of the snow only for it to get cold again and snow a bunch more. The motor grader that runs my road has only been able to clear the road 1 lane wide with his V plow on the front. Almost 50" of snow this year. I remember back in April of '73 we got 2' of snow. 2 weeks later it was 80 degrees...

Here is something to think about. Its always warmer before it gets colder. Its always colder before it gets warmer. Try googling mini ice age or click this link.
http://www2.sunysuffolk.edu/mandias/lia/little_ice_age.html

They have found that: "Western Europe experienced a general cooling of the climate between the years 1150 and 1460 and a very cold climate between 1560 and 1850"

This means that it was warmer before 1150 and something caused the planet to cool down and this caused expansion of glaciers etc. Can you imaging the rhetoric you would have heard in the newspapers in 1149. You would have certainly heard the sky is falling. Then in 1560 we would have all moved to a bunker in Idaho. The ice age lasted 300 years, and we are talking about the temperature change over 10 years.

Then after 1850 something happened to warm us back up again. The CNN and Fox channels would have had a a whole team to report on that "climate change".

I think the only way to know if the climate is changing is to wait 300 years and see if it did. But then it might be too late, or it might have been B.S.

One final though, the number one contributor to CO2 is the coal that we are burning to generate power. Right now the building nuke plants is the only viable alternative. These plants are safe and easy on the environment. We need more nukes plants, use electrically chargeable carbon fiber hybrid cars. Our cars could charge at night when we are not running our air conditioners. That way they could run at peak efficiency all day and night. You would be amazed at how many inefficient booster plants we have out there.

I have been wondering, why can't they put a generator on a couple wheels to charge say 2 batteries while vehicle is running off 2 others? Then switch. I think folks will be a long time in accepting electric cars, not fast enough, not big enough.
dunno.gif

Lyle B.-

The principles of physics do not allow for that. If that batteries were charging at the same rate as the others were discharging, the car would not be able to power itself. Law of conservation of energy. You cannot create or destroy energy. Not to mention nothing is 100% efficient either.

Lyle B.
wave.gif

Brian W. Just did a MapQuest. We're only 31.55 miles form each other. MapQuest from each other and you have a 125 also. Cool Beans.

Last year on February 21, my 782D arrived at it's new home. The temperature got almost to forty degrees and I was able to start it and drive it. (It had BioWillie in the tank.) That was the only day of the week the temperature was that high. The previous days and post days the weather was in the high 20s. This year the weather was around zero and below. What a difference a simple year makes.

Now one more silly observation. Since a lot of people always think big is better. Trucks from ten years ago weren't near as big as they are now. A Dakota now seems to be the size of a full size truck from ten years or more ago. A full size truck is well for lack of a better word.... STUPID size. None of these trucks can pull legally anymore then they could ten or more years ago. Yet the American public seems to think these things are so desperately needed... or once again we ACCEPT what Detroit and Toyota, etc. tell us we need. Instead of putting their efforts to building a smarter/better mileage, "make sense" truck it seems the automakers (of no matter what country of origin) have led us willingly once again down the path to eventual self-destruction. ALL the E85, gasohol, peanut butter sandwiches in the world won't help as long as the automakers aren't firmly told that these bigger is better with the same lousy mileage performance vehicles won't be tolerated.
bottom.gif

Hey guys!
I have been reading about E85 in your topics. I been reading it is ok to run and not ok. Wanted to try it but not if I will kill my carbs or engine on my cubs.
Takes me about 1 gallon of 98 octane to snowthrow with 6" snow the sidewalks, driveway and arounds the shop doors with my hot 107 with mods. And almost 2 gallons of 87 octane for the same job. I did put some 110 octane race fuel I had left over from racing and it made a differance. More power, used less that a gallon and the Awesome smell!!!
taunt.gif
Kind of wants me to build a cub do 8 seconds in the 1/4. The price is around 6.25 a gallon though!!! Just with the gas prices on the rise I had to ask 3.12 for a gal. of reg. And 2.87 for E-85. Let me know. Brandon

I have been in Mexico the past week. Let me tell you, it doesn't make a bit of difference what we do. Mexico is a garbage pit and a pollution haven. There are definately nice parts, but get out to the country where I was working and you will find a dump.

The earth cylces naturally and always has. God intended it to be that way. Nothing our government can do can change that and it is absolutely arrogant to think man can.

They do have some nice little El Camino/Dodge Rampage type of trucks running around. We could use those here.

I never have been able to understand why some one who lives in an urban area needs and suv like the expedition. They are built on a 3/4 ton truck chassis. The deisel helps with economy but they sure are stupid size for most people. Out in the coutry or commercial use great but.... Where did common sense in vehical use go?

Dean,
"My daddy taught me bigger is better." I guess its not unlike buying a more expensive house cause you can.

I have a Duramax diesel to pull my 8500 lb, 30 foot travel trailer with 2 slides. I guess I don't "need" that big of a trailer either, but it sure is comfortable.

Terry,
I know what ya mean by being comfortable. The wife thought we needed a smaller trailer to pull behind for some reason, LOL
Maybe for the inlaws.
biggrin.gif

80363.jpg

Way to go Terry.. What kind of milage are you getting with that 2500 pulling camper? Without? I get better pulling that around town. (5870 miles on it) Camper weight 8550. Can't afford a driver, like SOME people we both know!!!!
Shift.gif

Terry that isn't the point, Duramax trucks (the little ones are 3/4 ton) are way more truck than you need for the grocery store or the mall. If you need a truck for towing or hauling great go for it, I own one myself. But it doesn't go to the store or just down the road for a joy ride. The big campers are the same deal. I see alot of people with stupid size suv's and trucks that don't have any real need, they just want them. I find that they are the ones that complain about mileage and fuel prices. If you want the big expensive truck or car then live with the price of fuel.
My dad also taught me bigger is better but not for everthing every time. There is a loss of common sense with some people.

Dean/Terry,

Your both right. We live in a free country(thank God) to chose to drive what we want, live were we want and most importantly have as many Cubs as we want. I have a couple of tractors but do I need them, certainly not but I'm free to do so and will continue to. I even occasionally take my tractor on a senseless 'joy ride' or pull a float, what a waste of fuel that is but it sure is fun. I purposely drive my Cub or one of the Farmalls to the gas station in town to fill up, just to see the 'looks' that I get. This paradighm goes both ways I'm afraid.
fence.gif
jhmo

Brian, well said!!!!!! The problem with this country today is everybody is to damned worried about what everybody else is doing instead of minding their own affairs, the founding fathers would be ASHAMED of the way this country has turned out. LaSaisse Faire(hands off)

Back