• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Designer PTOs

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
Here's some of my winter inside work. I'd like to do some in yellow but I haven't found any aftermarket that matches IH yellow in a rattle can. Therefore, I use the next best match and that's the white. It's Rustoleum almond and is a very close match to IH white. These will be workers and I just want mainly to keep mister rust away. I paint every part even the separation springs. One of the last things I do is sand the faces of the pressure plates for a final cleaning.

220196.jpg

I've also done a couple of steering boxes plus a lot of odds and ends.

I probably could have gotten by posting this in the main forum but no tractors were involved so....

Wayne
Your fine work hasn't gone unnoticed! Looks like two of them were brake style or were the notches random?

greenthumb.gif

Jerry-

Two of them are for wide frames and the one in the center is a narrow frame. I have recently converted a brake style to wear button but I'm not sure if it's pictured here. It might be out in the shop with some others. I have at least 3 more to do after these find their tractor.

Wayne,
Actually either style PTO you show could and have been on either WF or NF tractors.
Don't ask me how or why, but my 123,147 have the side slot style for the brake system and one of the 149's does not. In fact, one of the 169's had the brake style/side slot version and the other did not, LOL
I'm bettin is was another one of those, grab what they brought to the line that day deals.

Yep, that's the way they come. This is one part of a cub that gets switched around and changed by POs. I was just going by the main spring type and know they work on either frame tractor. Isn't the nf type called type A and the wf type B? If so, what type is the pto with the brake? I'm not that well versed on the technical aspects but I have become comfortable rebuilding mechanical ptos. I've heard some good things about the brake style but stay away or change mine to wear button style due to expense.

Oh, what's the deal with the different type of bolt head on the machined bolts (slotted head vs phillips)? I always assumed it was different makers with different styles.

Latest posts

Back