• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Dead mower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bart,your saying batt has 12 volts ? How did you check sol? Just because it clicks is not a guarentee that it's transferring power to starter.Do you know how to jump batt.to starter direct? But a bad sol is not going to kill engine while it's running.So there is the first issue,what interupted power??(volts)

I bought a device to check voltage and took the battery to Carquest and had them check it too. With the devices was able to check the sol and it tested fine. I do not know how to jump battery to starter directly. Guess I need to look that up

Bart,nothing personal but you don't sound very experienced..so communicating will not be easy for any of us..make your thoughts as detailed as possible...jump start to starter....run a heavy wire from a positive post on batt. to the post on side of starter,think jumper cable,DO NOT fasten with bolts ...clamp on starter post and just touch pos. post clamp on batt.Starter should kick in instantly.That simply proves starter is ok..If it is you have to prove your'e getting 12 v to sol. with tester...if you're not the tracking begins thru safety switches and fuses and the main switch...there are so many possibles...I have done this in the past: went to good mechanic and offered $50. for 1/2 an hr of advice.He will know you're trying to learn but not using him for free..

I bought a device to check voltage and took the battery to Carquest and had them check it too. With the devices was able to check the sol and it tested fine. I do not know how to jump battery to starter directly. Guess I need to look that up
Just run one cable from the battery + post to the starter post. Crank until the engine starts, then remove it. Be sure the ignition switch is in the run position.

Latest posts

Back