• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Lo Boys

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good afternoon,
I recently purchased a 154 Lo Boy equipped with a 3-point and creeper options. If anyone is tracking the serial numbers to see where they are and how many are still in service I will gladly share that info. Please tell me where the serial number is located on the chassis, engine, axle, etc, so that I can find out excactly what year this tractor was produced. I need to download or order repair and owners manuals for this new purchase so that I can properly restore it to it's former glory.
David in Dayton, TX

David M,
Check here for the serial number.
29323.jpg

How what type engine would you use to get 30 h.p in a Cub Loboy?

David M,

Congrats on your new 154! I saw you mentioned wanting use a post hole digger with it - I think you will have to use a pto reverser/reducer gearbox on it if the pto is like the standard cubs and lo-boys....Charlie or some of the other lo-boy owners should be able to confirm this.

FWIW,
Chad

Anyone have any experience with Cub LoBoy's?
I know they are the next size up from the Cub Garden Tractors here. Not so many parts available on the net auctions.

Every once in a while I see one for sale (in the $2000-3000 range) but hear they are knick-named SLoBoys and I have 5 acres to mow.

Any suggestions?

Tom - They do lack in power as a mower. 14 - 16 horse power swinging a 48" or 60" cut is a lot to ask. If you have fairly level ground and keep it mowed pretty regular they don't have much problem. A friend of mine has one and he said that if he missed a week of mowing it wanted to bog down. I use to mow with a regular cub tractor (same engine) and 5 foot deck... going down hill was ok ;)

The 154....I have a LowBoy 154 with an IH 42" brushcutter deck (has hinged blades) and use it to maintain about 5 acres and have absolutely no problem with its performance. I strongly suggest that if you get one, find yourself a older (ex) IH mechanic who is familiar with the engines. A properly tuned C-60 engine, in good condition, has sufficient power to do the job it was intended for: estate & large grounds maintenance. Of course, worn out engines do have power problems. Watch for smoke from the oil filler cap indicating some power loss from blow-by....An owners manual, a parts manual, and a real IH service manual (can be repro) will be immensely helpful. Those IT pubs are selected extracts and are better then nothing, but not much, so I avoid them like the plague.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

I have a question on the Cub Lo boys, I have been looking at them and see them with and without 3 point Hitches, Are these available to add on or should 1 just buy a cub with it on ???

Also Can you use a Belly mower with a 3 point on it??

Bunky:...My Low Boy 154 has a hydraulic 3-pt lift and it does not interfere with the mowing deck operation. There is a switch on the frame cover plate which switches the hydraulics from the deck to the 3-pt lift & vice versa.

I would buy a Low Boy with the 3-pt lift factory installed....lots cheaper that way.

I use mine regularly and love it...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

I am new to this board, and am wondering about buying a low boy (I haven't looked too closely to the tractor so I don't know which model it is yet) I am wondering if it is worth my while snce it will be primarily will be used to push snow and i have a pretty steep driveway. Will it have enough push to move the snow across it or should I just stick with my 16 horse Scimplicity hydro with a blade. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

JD:
Some of the previous posts in this thread probably answer your question, especially those from Myron Bounds, as he's worked closely with the IH products since dirt was invented....
ihrotate.gif

JD,
Your gonna compare a 154 to a 16 horse Simpleton!
Now that's funny.
A 154 will push more snow than you know what to do with and do it with ease, not a problem at all.
Course weights, chains will make a huge difference as well. But it does have more than enough power.
If you'll look at the first pic in this thread of mine, I've had dirt rolling up over the top of that blade and then some!

Hello
Has anyone here tried to put a Cub Cadet creeper on a 185 Cub LoBoy? Since they share the same transmission would there be any modification other than the driveshaft? Thanks for any advice

A local Salvage yard has this little fella serial number 3775 for sale. The yard's owner wasn't there so I couldn't get a price. It would be neat to own and refurbish. I have the owner's business card if anyone would be interested. They also have a pretty cool IH wide track crawler from around the late fifties to early 60s. It is for sale also. It is a small one. Too hard to get any good pictures of it though.

167549.jpg

167550.jpg

167551.jpg

You can see the PTO lever in the background so I wonder is the bent lever by the battery cable a creeper gear?
167552.jpg

167553.jpg

167554.jpg

Marlin, that has Art's name written all over it.

Oh, Art...

angel.gif

Kraig M. Cool Beans!!!! Have Art E:mail me and I'll send him the gentleman's phone number. (Maybe Art or someone will love the little crawler.) The yard will even help load. We'll even treat him (and you) to lunch at Niland's Cafe here in Colo.

Marlin, that lever looks like it might be to engage the trencher attachment. Notice the chain guard on the left side between the tire and fender.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Marlin, well, I like to try and spend Art's money, just ask him.
roflol.gif
There was a tractor at RPRU with a rear mounted trencher I meant to take photos but was distracted by another tractor, amazing how many times that happened...

Kraig . I wanted to really get in and study the little guy only I am still not much in the Gumby department yet. This is me three days after surgery in June. I've lost the beard, crutches, and brace only I have to still go easy on the walking bit. I've gained a bunch of weight though from just sitting around with my feet propped up. (Man those legs are fugly.)

167571.jpg

does any one know if you can install a rear pto out of a cadet into a ih cub loboy 154 or 184 read thru old posts and i think it can be done

Latest posts

Back