• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet Lawn Mower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbuttke

displayname
Lonny Buttke
28639.jpg

Can anyone identify this cub cadet, I know it is not from the IH line up. I think it is MTD cub cadet. I am going to pick it up in a couple of weeks.
It is suppose to be a hydro drive, it has no deck.

But they do make one heck of a redneck muddin' machine! I am so imbarresed to claim this as mine.
28646.jpg

28647.jpg

Charlie, yes the other side did a good job of answering my question.
I only purchased this cadet for a yard runner/trailer puller as it dont have a deck with it. That way I can free up my 72 for other chores around the place.

Lonny,
Just remember one thing, the foot pedal does NOT stop the little guy, you have to use the hydro handle to stop. The pedal only stops/disengages the deck.

Charlie >
What do you mean the pedal dont stop the machine?
Seems to stop forward travel just fine when I step on the pedal on the left side, heck there is even a little bracket to lock the pedal down, which also makes starting easyer.
I looked under the machine and it actually controls a idler pully on the drive belt, the lever on the left side of the dash seems to be the one that throws the deck in and out of gear, but than I dont have a deck for this one, and probly wont get one, for I want to make a go-getter/go-for out of it.

Lonny, That is a 1974 or 1975 IH cub cadet. I have one just like it.

Jochua F.
I realy don't know what year it is, for I have not done anything with it since I got it home.
It is takeing up space in my weed bed right now.
I was a project I had intended on doing something with but have not gotten a start on and probly will not any time soon, gots way to may projects ahead of it.

lonny,I just finished rebuilding the engine on my 1975,cub cadet 80! It has a lot more power now! And no smoke! Mine came with a 36in. deck.

Latest posts

Back