• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub cadet hydro information

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marlin,

Now that I’ve done one of these hydros, it’s simple really. I’ve disassembled/reassembled a lot more complicated stuff. The things I needed to know was that the springs are under tension when assembled. Since the drawing I went by (1811) didn’t show the springs it took somebody like Don to clarify things. I think it’s important to show these springs in the blow-up of my procedure as well as the crosspin. The diagram Patrick sent was of excellent quality, but doesn’t show the springs. I sent him an email but no response. You mention different model changes, did the factory do away with the springs somewhere along the line?

Norm B. I'm not sure about the springs. I don't remember seeing any when I've helped build some 15Us only the last time I got to do that was a year ago. Since then my cell has been kept busy trying to keep up with customer demand. Perhaps you can get a couple of good pictures of the springs and post them.

(It is sometimes a bummer .... this "Growing younger towards eternity thing." Right now my left leg/knee area is absolutely to the point of "having a strong desire to scream" pain. It reminds one of the "dumb things" that one did as a kid and when they thought they were invincible. Oh well... one more day of work and then hopefully I'll feel like doing something other than rest my leg this weekend.)

Have a wonderful day....
222400.gif

Norm B. Scroll down to Jeremiah C.'s posting dated.... Wednesday February 23, 2011 @5:37 a.m. In that diagram item #17 is a spring (part of the cylinder block kit which is #12) . Is that the spring that you are speaking of? If so that spring is in every cylinder block kit and one really shouldn't be messing with taking those springs out unless they have been trained. Plus it is an integral part of the cylinder block kit and is necessary for proper functioning. If it isn't then please post a picture ot the spring that you are talkng about.

Yes, those are the springs. It's not my intention to break down these cylinders but merely to explain that these springs will be under tension when you attempt to bolt down the center section. That's why the 3/16" standoff. I was going by the same blowup Patrick sent me and since no springs were shown, I, or someone else, might assume they were doing something wrong or something fell out of place because normal practice would dictate fitup. Understand?
If they are in there, then why aren't the springs shown? Even if they are not available to purchase separately, they can still show it!

Good Morning, All.
happy.gif
31* and windy here. Hopefully we can install a "new" driver's side door on the Dakota today. The original door's hinges had the weld break and I've found a "close match" door.

Norm B. Now a little about that spring....

Type CUT
Part ID: SU-3100120
Description No Longer Available SPRING
Qty:
Unit Price 5.68

First of ALL.... You can STILL purchase that spring through a Sauer Danfoss Distributor even though it is NLA through Cub Cadet. As I've mentioned before it is REALLY A MAIN component of the cylinder block kit. Why in God's creation would a SERVICE MANUAL need to show that dang spring? The Service Manual is just that and NOT a freaking Parts Book. As to that spring being a factor in repair and reassembly and the fact that it has compression and will tend to hold up other parts like it is intended to.... I can only say this.... again as I've said so many times before. DON'T go taking stuff apart if you don't document, don't take pictuces or write down what you are doing, or won't remember how things came apart.

Now in this write-up that you are doing here are some tips to do while writing your Standard Work Procedure.

A... Take a picture of the item that you are describing... a.k.a. that spring and how it will hold things during reassembly. You don't need a PARTS DIAGRAM to show the spring. You have a camera and if someone can't see the spring well enough from your picture (YOU DO TAKE EXCELLENT PICTURES) or when reading your write-up they can do one of two things. ONE Ask on the Forum about the spring. or ... TWO They shouldn't be taking the pump apart in the first place because that tells me they will get in over their heads in the first place.

B..... Don't try and re-write the BIBLE. Remember GOD didn't write the BIBLE.... MAN (men) did. And when they did they didn't listen to GOD either and look how long the BIBLE is and how things are messed up so much in the world today. GOD gave us TEN (simple and easy to follow) Commandments Do as GOD originally did when doing your write-up. That is... Keep It Simple.
222457.gif

Y'all have a wonderful day.
222458.gif

Marlin

The weather is frosty but your prose is "toasty" warm.

Your advice about writing up SOPs is excellent. They are not an easy genre to master. I have difficulty with them: I'm too verbose.

I love your analogy to the Bible --Priceless!

We managed to get the "new" and doesn't quite fit as well as the original door did on the Dakota today. Pat Zeroth, his father-in-law (Bob Brown) and I did that. Then I tried working on getting the 782 to run. Solenoid switch broke on it soooo... Patience once again Grasshopper.

Jeremiah C. Thank You for the kind compliments. I've written Standard Work Procedures before and before submitting them I've had them critqued. I learned to put in an awful lot of information in a very short amount of space. Using precise pictures or diagrams helps tremendously. Then before final submission I had them "Field Tested" by someone almost completely innocent to what was needed to be performed. If they could understand with very few questions and actually be doing something extremely complicated in less than a week AND feel comfortble doing so.... then I was happy. Now.... if'n you want to see some of my "softer-side" writing then CLICK HERE and scroll down just a tad bit to my posting at 7:14 p.m. I've been told that when I write that I can actually make others see pictures within their minds of what I am expressing. I've always felt that when writing... If I can't visualize it happening then I can't write about it. I don't know if you know this however the author, Stephen King actually sees those monsters that he writes about. I don't see myself so much as an author.... more like a lielong Pi**ant.
222494.gif
222495.gif
222496.gif

Marlin

Wow! I'm still wiping the tears from my eyes after reading your post of 12/24/05.

Paul talks about "word pictures," but putting the words together in such a way as to form pictures in the mind of the reader or listener is no mean feat. It requires skill and discipline beyond recognizing the true dimensions of the task.

I know of which I speak. I used to "preach the word" every week. Preaching is certainly a discipline, but I could never find the time to properly "illustrate" the effect the gospel was having on me. I have the greatest respect for those individuals who (1) can identify the gospel message in a passage of Scripture, and (2) communicate its truth in such a fashion that the hearer is affected in the same manner as those who first heard Jesus.

Of course, there is a reason why a lot of preaching lacks the power of Jesus' preaching; they didn't treat Jesus too well after he was through speaking!

Sorry, I got off topic.

But Marlin, you can write, man. Whether you realize it or not, your humility is a great asset in that regard.

We're lucky to have you posting to this forum.
thumbsup_old.gif

Paul R. and Jeremiah C. Just checking in before heading to bed a little early tonight. I can only say this.... WOW!!! I am so humbled by your thoughts that I can write well. I'll dig through some other stuffies and maybe in the next couple of days "finally post/publish" or whatever one would call it a couple of other things that I've written over the years. I'll start a separate thread for those though. Maybe I'll "explain" where the ideas sprouted for those writings before they were put to paper.

Latest posts

Back