• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub Cadet 1610

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdlearned

displayname
Robert Learned
Hi,

I currently do not own a cub cadet but am looking at a 1610. Can anyone tell me anything to look at on this model, strong/weak points etc. Also are parts and accessories readily available?

It is a hydro and has a 44 inch deck. It needs paint and a seat at the minimum. Otherwise it looks to be OK. I know it is not very collectible but if I can get it cheap enough it will probably do as a start to see if cub cadet collecting might be for me.

Thanks very much.

slim

(Message edited by RDLearned on December 02, 2004)

That 1610 is a lawn tractor,not a full sized garden tractor,so plan to use it as such,Robert. You may be better off with a garden tractor if you plan to do any work other than mowing,since they are a tougher unit. If this 1610 is a hydro,test it out well,since they are the weak link in the lawn tractor series.

James,

Thanks for the reply. I mainly plan on mowing. I also plan light pulling mostly a trailer and probably a drag of some sort leveling my yard. I plan to sand it this year to level the low spots and small washes.

Thanks again

slim

any "ride" beats walking !
happy.gif

<font size="-2">unless it's Blue or Green or Orange or Grey or ...</font>

Have a chance at buying a 1782 with a 50" deck. Can anyone give me a little feed back on this unit. I mainly collect JD stuff but have been looking at Cubs pretty heavily the past few months. Are these a garden tractor or a lawn tractor? What are their weak points. I've been told it's a 2 cylinder Kohler and it runs good. I am going to try and look at it this weekend if time permits. Hoping that some of the experts here can give a few pointers on this unit.

Latest posts

Back