• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cub cadet 147

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlayfield

displayname
Mathew Layfield
could someone tell me what is the purpose of the starter/generator other than the obvious. i am more specifically interested in how it interacts with the other components and why they are there. coil,relay,condenser etc.
i have cleaned the carb and with a hot battery it idles perfect. you take the battery off and it dies. is this a clue that the generator is bad. does it supply voltage for spark? i am trying to learn all this. i have owned a stereo shop for 15 years. but there is a big difference between speakers and tractor generators. any help would be appreciated. i am a new member also if you cant tell.

Matthew-

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not big with the s/g details so I'll let others chime in but if you're talking about the s/g on a 147 like your title says you need to post this in the main forum. A 147 is definitely a garden tractor and you'll get more response.

Good luck!

there is no place to start a thread or new message. i have looked everywhere.

Mathew,
When you open up the forums, click the top one, the IH Cub Cadet Forum:
215304.jpg

Then scrolled all the way down to the "Add Your Message Here" window and then fire away.
215305.jpg

Latest posts

Back