• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Couldn't believe an entire forum just for this machine!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20230620_112223.jpg
20230620_112239.jpg
20230620_112249.jpg

Was running good 2 years ago. Has a big roto tiller on the back that needs a new belt. I need a manual so I can learn how to run it. Also need to figure out what battery to put in it. Manual would probably help on that. I have searched for manuals but haven't come up with anything yet that is free to download.

A 12 volt utility battery with the highest cold cranking amps, known as CCA should work. You better find an indoor storage place for it if you hope to keep it running very long. The harsh sunlight and rain & snow from outside " storage" is the worst thing for mechanical equipment. I've got a 1965 Cub Cadet 70 Dad bought brand new that has only sat outside about 10 to 15 days total in the 58 years we owned it. Dad sold it to a smart-aleck coworker years ago and the guy lived by their trucking terminal and his teenage son parked outside, Dad saw it right away and told the guy to move it under cover, and after a week or so Dad took his pickup and ramps to work and loaded it up about 4 AM one Saturday morning, and when Dad finally saw the guy he returned the guy's money. There wasn't very many nights on the farm when a tractor sat outside.

Dennis if you go back to the top of the page you can click the CCSpecialties add for any parts you may need. Also there is a FAQ (frequently asked questions) section in there that has a wealth of information on all kinds of topics related to these tractors. As far as manuals,I know you can access them,I just never needed to so I don't know how.,hopefully someone else will help you with that.

A 12 volt utility battery with the highest cold cranking amps, known as CCA should work. You better find an indoor storage place for it if you hope to keep it running very long. The harsh sunlight and rain & snow from outside " storage" is the worst thing for mechanical equipment. I've got a 1965 Cub Cadet 70 Dad bought brand new that has only sat outside about 10 to 15 days total in the 58 years we owned it. Dad sold it to a smart-aleck coworker years ago and the guy lived by their trucking terminal and his teenage son parked outside, Dad saw it right away and told the guy to move it under cover, and after a week or so Dad took his pickup and ramps to work and loaded it up about 4 AM one Saturday morning, and when Dad finally saw the guy he returned the guy's money. There wasn't very many nights on the farm when a tractor sat outside.
I have a neighbor flattening out some ground right now that we are putting a conex on that it will be parked in.

Dennis if you go back to the top of the page you can click the CCSpecialties add for any parts you may need. Also there is a FAQ (frequently asked questions) section in there that has a wealth of information on all kinds of topics related to these tractors. As far as manuals,I know you can access them,I just never needed to so I don't know how.,hopefully someone else will help you with that.
Thanks, just trying to learn this forum. I appreciate the help.

Welcome Dennis!
Find the FAQ section and read through that. You can find a ton of info there. (y)

Ouch!!
That makes me really cringe to see these fine pieces of equipment deteriorate like that from being left out in the elements. That has to be, or in this case had to be, the most beautiful seat ever placed on a Cub Cadet.

Ouch!!
That makes me really cringe to see these fine pieces of equipment deteriorate like that from being left out in the elements. That has to be, or in this case had to be, the most beautiful seat ever placed on a Cub Cadet.
Yes, the seat is something else! It did sit outside for a few years, but I got the machine for free, so not complaining. It has a new sheltered home being put in now!

HEY!!! Isn't that the ultra rare original blue seat trim in the picture? DON'T lose that.
^^^This!^^^

That blue edging is no longer available but can be reused if you have the seat reupholstered. Please keep it in a safe place. Or offer it for sale.

Latest posts

Back