• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Correct paint codes for 1872

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvenezia

displayname
charles venezia
I am trying to get the proper yellow and white paint codes for a 1989 1872. I know there is a chart on this site but it only goes up to 1981. I also called several of the venders on this site and got conflicting info. I am not sure why it is so dificult to get this info but so far I do not have a definative answer. I am not looking for other brand close matches I am trying to get OEM codes.

If you go to your local Cub Cadet dealer (or try Madsen's above) and ask for the 1989 and older paint colors you will get the same colors that the tractor was painted with at the factory.

When I last worked at a dealer 6 years ago CCC offered only 2 yellows and 2 whites. One (of each) for 1961 up through 1989 and one of each for 1990 and newer. You need the 1989 and older colors.

Now technically the 1989 and older color isn't correct for IH built units but they are fairly close and CCC doesn't want to bother to sell 4 different yellows and 4 different whites.

For yellow you want 759-3258 spray
and 759-3263 quart.

For the white you want 759-3259 spray and 759-3264
quart.

Latest posts

Back