• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Compatibility

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdchapman

displayname
James Chapman
i was wondering if anybody could tell me what snow blower fits the 1811, and what the difference between the wide frame and the narrow frame is... im kinda new at all this. thanks

James C: The early Cub Cadets, which used the separate Starter/Generators, were what are called the narrow (11") frames from front to rear of the tractor. When higher hp (14) was introduced with the Model 147, IH had to chop a notch in the frame to get it to fit. So, beginning with the next series, the 86-1x8/9 models, the front portion of the frame was widened to 13" to accomodate the larger engines (incl the 16 hp introduced with the 169). So, all beginning with the 86-1x8/9 models are known as "wide frames" including your 1811. The subframes have to be the wider version to be mounted while the snowblowers, in general, remained the same....

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

James, welcome!
groupwave.gif
The 1811 is a wide frame. A narrow frame would be the older <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> built Cub Cadets such as the 70/100, the 71, 1x2/3 series, the 72, 1x4/5 series and the 73, 1x6/7 series. When we refer to a "71, 1x2/3 series" that would be these models: 71, 102, 122, 123, the "72, 1x4/5 series" would be the 72, 104, 124, 105, 125 and so on. The wide frame Cubs would be the later <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> and MTD built Cubs starting with the 86, 1x8/9, then the 800, 1200, 1250-1650, aka the Quiet Line, and then the 82 series and beyond. Your 1811 is similar to the 82 series Cub Cadets. The model 450, 45" snow blower is what is called out to fit your 1811 however I believe a QA36B or QA42B snowthrower will also fit.

wow, thanks guys thats more than enough information, i am really glad i joined this group, ill tell you one thing for sure i love my Cub, i have plans on a complete restore (even though its a newer one). i was also wondering if you need the whole carriage assembly for the trower or if i can use the one from the mower deck.
thumbsup.gif

I'm new to this so please bear with me. Ihave a cco and 100 did they make a hydraulic lift system for these tractors? Thanks

Martin.

Yes that made a hydraulic lift unit that will work on both.
However this discussion realy belongs on the main forum as a CCO and 100 are both IH Cub Cadets.

Latest posts

Back