Cobble Craft Creations

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
The handle on my ash scooping shovel broke so a old softball bat and a little Cobble Crafting :}

and I have a new sturdy handle

251047.jpg

251048.jpg

Jeff-
Nice job!

Mind if I play along...?

The fireplace door fell off of it's pin-hinges tonight and the glass broke when it landed on the hearth.

Not wanting to lose out on our usual Christmas morning fire, I used a bit of 'cobble crafting' (high-temp RVT) to get us back up and running.

251059.jpg

Sure, we'll fix it "right" after this week, but we just couldn't be without a nice warm fire!

Who's next?

Art - a few years ago I used that red RTV to seal the joint between the stove pipe and the barometric damper on my wood burner.... I just happened to walk back into the back room of the basement as it was burning.... Watch it, it may let loose......

Gerry-
Thanks for the tip...I do appreciate it.

We had a fire today, and all looked good, but I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it. Like I said, it's a temporary fix to get us through the remainder of the winter. I think the thing we have going for us is that it's not in direct "contact" with the fire's "exhaust" and the intake air does flow down the inside of the glass as it makes its way into the firebox.

Art - the red Permatex high temp RTV is rated at a max of 650 degrees F. I know that what happened to me was due to the practice of starting every day with a high temp fire to burn off the creosote before getting too big a buildup. I think the stove pipe had gone to about a 1000 degrees. One saving factor was the CO2 extinguisher and the fire shield on the floor joists above the stove pipe... I could have lost the house. Could you re-glaze with stove cement?

Finaly got around to junking an old 50's style fridge I had been using for storage and spyed this neat butter pocket that was built ito the door. It now lives as a tray under the band saw for the cutting fluid and length stop that wouldn't fit on the OEM tray. Also did a mod on the dollies and added "spats'

Dave S

251123.jpg

251124.jpg

Latest posts

Back