• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

ch18 oil light

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Light is for pressure and comes on when pressure drops to something like 5psi. So, a few possibilities:

-Pressure switch has gone bad. Might be able to verify that with a few plumbing fittings, a gauge/regulator, your air compressor, and a multimeter. That, or put an oil pressure gauge in place of the pressure switch.
-Low oil pressure due to engine overheating. These engines tend to run a bit hot and must be kept clean and operated under load at full throttle.
-I suppose an oil pump failure is possible, but I can't say I've ever heard of this happening on a Command engine.

found a broken rocker and lifter came out, put lifter back in, new rocker now oll light is off but 0 compression on one cylinder

Latest posts

Back