• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CC 882 diesel

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmurdock

displayname
Jeff Murdock
Greetings, gents, noobie here. Have owned a 108 and a 127, neither which I have now ('55 IH Loboy IS in the garage). This 882 diesel has come up for sale locally:

97579.jpg

It has 632 hours, w/mower. Kubota 17hp diesel.

A few weeks back it was $3500 (OUCH!!), a week later it's $2500....I'm thinking that for that money it wants to be just about perfect. I do know this was a one-year effort, so may have some collector value. What do you folks think?

Jeff
welcome glad to have you here!
Dont Know of the colector value of this baby,but I would love to have it!I will probably never own a diesel but would love to have one!
Maybe one day when the kids move out!!

I hear you there! I would love to own one of these, but alas, space and other commitments get in the way. Snatch it if you have the space and the money! They look better red, but you can't beat having one anyway.

Jeff M: Unless someone has replaced the engine with a later model, the 882 & it's IH twin, the 782D both came from the factory with a 15 hp, 3-cyl Kubota Diesel.

I have a 782D and love it. For what it's worth, IMO, I think they want too much for that 882. However, they may go for much more in your area. I would suggest that the 882, though not rare, is probably more collectable than the 782D because of fewer sales of them by the skimpy CCC dealer network. IH had many more dealers than CCC.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

I think that's still kinda high for a price....I paid way less than that for both the 782D I still own and the 1512 I no longer have.

Continuing the dialog.............OK then, what do you guys think a good price for a **GOOD** X82"D" is then?? Keep in mind that I'm talking about a get on and go tractor, not a fixer upper.

Tom H: Well, I can only tell you that I got mine at auction for $1700 with only 450 hours on it, several ago. It had been garage kept and was "like new". I figured I was payng top dollar. Others may think differently...Other than my having to learn about gelled diesel fuel the hard way, I have had no problems with it. It's a great tractor.

Myron B

Don't get me wrong I don't like to spend more $$ than I have to but auction and "free Market" are two different things.

Cubs are a lot rarer here in Maine than in the Midwest, so the asking prices tend to be higher. Don't know about selling prices, but the owners usually want a mint for them. I saw that ad, and thought it would be nice to have, but I don't have the kind of cash to spend on a tractor. IF I was serious about it, I'd make sure that it had a cast iron rear end, I've heard the diesels can really tear up the aluminum ones. Oh, and it better be cherry for that price - low hours, no hydro creep, no slop in the steering or spindles and the deck better be mint - take off the belt cover to be sure, I've seen those decks look great, but be completely rusted out under the belt cover.

I paid $2K for my 1512 780 hours with 50" deck, 54" snow blade and no. 2 tiller, sleeve hitch.

Christopher C: Though some owners may have done so, there were no factory diesel versions with Cast Iron Rear ends. CCC switched to Cast Aluminum in 1982 and the diesels weren't introduced till 1984. My 782D with Cast Aluminum rear end isn't having any problems. Following the Service procedures, I annually check all bolts in the Cast Aluminum for tightness...loose ones can cause you a problem but who lets 'em get loose?? Not me! So I don't have that problem. You can do the same.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Latest posts

Back