• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CC 1811 Front Seal ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpratt

displayname
Tammy Pratt
I need a new front oil seal for my Kohler 18hp Magnum, Model# M18S, Spec# 24506. I have the Kohler p/n but from reading on here it sounds like I should go with SKF or C/R. I've been to the SKF site and the Kohler p/n doesn't seem to cross-ref to a SKF#. Can someone tell me the SKF p/n that I need or how to find it?

What's wrong with Kohler seals?

Front seal,
PN/ IH-80150-C1 USE KH-52-032-10-S
Rear seal,
Kohler Engine Crankshaft oil seal PN/ IH-78480-C2 USE KH-X-583-5
Tractors w/Serial No. 686554 and Below

Tammy-
The SKF # is 13734. You may want to double and triple check that part, but it should hopefully save you from getting the rubberized case seal typical of those shipped in bulk from Mao's Wonderland.

Tammy,

Be mindful of the fact that Kohler calls the flywheel end of the engine the 'front'. Opposite of what you would expect as installed in the tractor.

Thanks for all your posts! If it wasnt for this forum, I wouldn't know that the front is the rear and vice versa. I have the seal ordered and will be here Thursday. As of Thursday it will be 3 weeks since I've mowed my lawn--
sad.gif
After this, I have to deal with the screws in the back that keep working their way out-causing the hydro/rear end to rotate slightly when changing direction.

What should I set the air gap too? A friend of mine suggested .017. When I tighten the nuts down to this spec, the belt pully turns hard. If I back them off to about .020, the pulley turns freely. Now when I took this apart to replace the seal, the nuts were turned out to the end of the 3 bolts-(they were flush)-and yet the PTO worked fine. Shouldn't the pulley in the front turn freely when the PTO is off? CC 1811

It should not turn freely. There is a brake plate that stops the rotation when the PTO clutch is disengaged.

Back