• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gas in oil in kohler magnum 18hp

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlcollins

displayname
david collins
I have a cub cadet 1810 with a 18hp kohler magnum m18s, specs 24506 s/n 1600623366 what is causing this?

Dave, I suspect you will get more help later tonight or tomorrow. In the mean time, I recall reading that particular engine has a mechanical fuel pump. Its been known for the rubber pump section to rupture or get a hole in it that lets gas drain down into the crank case. I suspect there is a repair kit for it, others will have give you more accurate info.

Your mechanical fuel pump has likely let go. You can replace it with another mechanical fuel pump or you can replace it with an electric fuel pump. Forum sponsor Kirk Engines Inc. (above) sells a unit specifically designed for the low pressure demands of an air-cooled lawnmower engines (about 3 psi nominal); but I've been able to run a pump designed for automotive applications (about 7 psi nominal) without a problem.

Another source of fuel is the carburetor bowl leaking, but it would have to leak again into the crankcase in order for you to find it in the oil.

Edit: I agree with Allen, but I also think that an 1810 is considered a Garden Tractor, and you might get a few more hits if you posted in the CCC/MTD section.

I have a 1811 with the M18S Kohler engine. The carb was giving me a lot of trouble and so I bought a new one from the internet (made in China) for $17, it was a waste of money! It filled my engine with gasoline and I am lucky I didn't blow it up. I bought a good one from "Isavetractors.com, works great. I think you may have a sticking needle valve and it is flowing gasoline right into the oil.

I have a 1811 with the M18S Kohler engine. The carb was giving me a lot of trouble and so I bought a new one from the internet (made in China) for $17, it was a waste of money! It filled my engine with gasoline and I am lucky I didn't blow it up. I bought a good one from "Isavetractors.com, works great. I think you may have a sticking needle valve and it is flowing gasoline right into the oil.
Is there a adjustment for needle valve? Or replace time

Is there an adjustment for needle valve? Or replace time
No adjustment on the float needle valve. I once rebuilt my carb several years ago and the fuel still leaked past especially with a full fuel tank. The new carb I got from ISaveTractors.com has been working great for almost a year now.

No adjustment. Either leaking at Needle valve seat or float has a hole and is sinking.
I would think you'd have way much gas in oil and possibly coming out of the carb of float was sinking.
You can probably just buy a needle valve.

Back