• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CC 149 - mower deck lift frame question

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwotczak

displayname
Jerry Wotczak
I received a 149 in a trade with my son-in-law that came with a snow blower on it and a mower that he'd never used. I'm in the process of mounting the mower deck lift frame and have a question on the front pulleys that guide the v-belt from the engine to the mower deck.

The shaft on the lift frame that holds the front tension spring and pulley hangers is bent, and I'll straighten it. My question is should the pulleys end up hanging straight front to back, or should they be toed in or out (or one in each direction) to properly guide the belt? The pulley hangers also have a bend in them, but since they're pretty hefty I'm guessing they should be that way. Right?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Jerry, WELCOME!
WELCOME.gif
The 149 is an IH built Garden Tractor and post regarding it belong in the IH Cub Cadet Forum area. If you look in the Operator's Manual for the 149, towards the end there is a section that covers the mower decks that has several photos. Compare the photos of the mule drive pulleys with what you have. Hopefully that will answer your questions.

Sorry about that. Thanks for the advice and I will repost my question in the proper forum.

Latest posts

Back