• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CATS Stray, Feral, Housebound, Declawed, and Otherwise

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of our 4 cats go hit by a car last year. He is now missing a back leg. He stopped climbing trees. He still can get up a run and have fun. Vet bill $1900

Edward L. THANK YOU for saving that kitty. It knows that you think the world of it.

Pippin and Tateleh relaxing.

314225.jpg

Pippin stalking firewood.

314226.jpg

Pippin being silly.

314227.jpg

Marlin, thanks. In the top photo Pippin was not relaxing all that much, I think he was planning an attack on Tots who was trying to relax.

I got up and after getting ready for work sat down for breakfast. Suddenly the little girl got up on her wobbly legs and took about six steps to get to me. I asked her if I could scoop her up and hold her. Once in my arms she tried to snuggle as close as possible. I held her gently and holding back tears I told Angel that her time was drawing near. As quickly and quietly she let me hold her, it was soon clear that she wanted down. Those little frail legs took her back to where she lay down under the church pew in the dining room. She began taking a look of tranquility and when I left for work... I knew as did Angel. Angel took this little girl to the vet because she was in pain and just wanted to go HOME. When I arrived home this afternoon, Fancy, Angel and I went to Caseys for truck and Cub Cadet gas. We talked more at dinner this afternoon. After fifteen years of being blessed with this little tuxedo kitty in our lives, Hannah left this earth to be with Stinker, Baby Girl and other kitties. Fancy and the other kitties also bid farewell t Hannah. Just wanted to share this.

315656.jpg

Sorry to hear this news Marlin.

I know this day is coming with Meow Meow, we can only remember the joy they shared with us.

Keep the faith my friend.

Marlin and Angel-

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It seems we go through this every now and then here on the forum. I always wonder how the other animals that were in her life feel over the loss. I just don't know but I think they realize things are different.

I'm still dealing with Graygirl, Barney, Millie, and the fat cat Lynda and they are all doing well. Lynda is getting ready for her annual clipping because she mats so badly. Millie is trying to mat up so she may get a clipping as well.

Keep your heads up because there are others depending on you both.

Marlin, so sorry to hear about Hannah, she was a beautiful kitty.

Marlin,

Thanks for sharing.
I know it is tough for you all.
Cherish the memories.

I always remind myself; it is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.
angel.gif

On another note...I just got back from my vet to simply get ONE pill for Lynda. It's acepromizine, a sedative she will need this coming Monday for her grooming (clipping) appointment. I googled this med and found it costing as little as $.31/pill on the internet. You do have to have a docs okay to purchase it but I'm just wondering why I had to pay $9 and change for a 31 cent pill. I also had to wait an hour to get this "special" pill. There were people running all around but they had to get the docs approval and apparently he couldn't be disturbed with a question. I've been in several docs visits myself when a nurse will come in with a question or even a phone call the doc HAS to take.

I actually asked for a second pill for Millie. She's my only long hair cat and for some reason she decides to start matting a little this year. And she's 5 years old with no history of matting. The "nurse" tells me the doc refused the pill for Millie because he hasn't had a chance to give her one of his $50 exams in over a year. Now Lynda hasn't had an exam in the same amount of time so go figure. They did say since Lynda was given a pill last year and didn't have complications (die) then the doc okayed her. I've learned over the years how these "docs" will give an exam without telling you but after I caught on I just tell them up front no exam is necessary...just the shots please. I figure if the pet hasn't changed behavior or shown signs of being sick then why the heck have them examined??? I can see that Lynda is miserable with her matted hair so what do I do??? I get her an appointment to have it taken care of but wait...I now have to get a pill for even that procedure and get a docs approval for the d--n pill. BOLOGNA!!! Plus, I've been going to the VA hospital for years and can't remember the last time I had an examination. I was actually told that routine physical exams are no longer routine. They just ask me if I'm hurting ("experiencing any pain???") and if so on the good ole scale of 1 to 10 how badly. That's my exam!

I truly believe veterinarians are killing animals every year because people just aren't going to pay these crazy prices. I've even witnessed it a couple of times.

I'm done ranting and feel better...about an 8 on the good ole scale.

Jeff B. Thank You and we want to thank everyone for their thoughts. Annie and Fancy now snuggle with Angel every night.

Mittens looks so cool being a guard kitty.

Marlin--- So very sorry for your loss. Oreo, Momma Kitty, and Snickers send thier condolences as well...

316249.png
316250.png
316251.png

And speaking of guard cats I thought I'd include another pic of Oreo on our roof...

316252.png

Steve S., good looking cats!

Here's one I took of Tots yesterday. She was watching birds from the deck.

316264.jpg

Kraig -- What a great pic! When photographing my cats I find that I need to take a lot of pictures before I find one I like...they tend to get distracted by the camera, look away, or try to avoid the situation altogether. Maybe the key is catching them when their attention is already on something else
happy.gif

Steve S., thank you! I agree, that photo was the best of 22 photos that I took of her.
happy.gif
This one looks like she may have spotted a bird she wants to catch.
dunno.gif

316281.jpg

Latest posts

Back