• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Case 446

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkovach

displayname
John Kovach
Anybody know much about the old Case tractors with the Hydra-Drive? I saw an old 446 with original Onan engine on Craigslist for $1000 with a no-rust mower deck. It looks very heavy duty and people on the internet seem to love them. I love the huge back wheels and tires. My main question is how tight is the turning radius? A coworker of mine has an Ingersol tractor which is the newer version and he loves it.

I know a little about Hydraulic Drive aka "Hydriv" Case GT's. lol
This is a old post, but I'll answer it.
The steering radius is not that great. Many times the stops can be ground down to help it turn shorter.
My 446 turns a inner diameter of 48 inches which is probably slightly shorter than factory. I have a mod'd Case 226 that turns a 43 inch radius but I worked a lot to improve it.

Latest posts

Back