• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Camper....

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KRAIG - Here I live within 40 minutes of Devil's Head and the Last time I was there was the fall of 1975 when I was in college!

I agree 100%, Great place to spend a day in the fall!

Denny, I've never heard of Devil's Head. Different place than Devil's Lake State Park I believe???

Got my camper all packed up and ready for a fun weekend.

154201.jpg

Nice Camper Vince,

None that nice around here for that price.

What is that a 28 footer ?

The sway bar , hitch head, and the load leveler bars would cost half that.

Check inside electric control panel on the inveter for the automotive style fuses for the jack circuit.

Lonny, nice! Bet you get better gas mileage than I did on Sunday, I got 7.7mpg. Luckily I was only 50 miles from home.

Jim,
This thing is 36 feet long, after pulling it home Sunday I sold the Expedition. This winter/next spring I'll look for a replacement tow vehicle. Or maybe another smokin' deal falls into my lap sooner... I have 2 more trips planned and have access to a vehicle to use for these trips.

The Equilizer hitch set me back $700, the mirror extenders were another $70. Then 4 new tires were just short of $400. All these Cub Funds going to the wrong places.... Actually camping this past weekend was awesome! So the camper is a keeper.

No fuse blown for the Electic Jack, but we did blow the fuse for the slideout. I definitely plan to look at it before the next trip.

Well Frank i have 2 trailers now and the old trailer is for sale, we now own a 5th wheel .The Ram knows when she is dragging this. the gvw is 9600.I have to fill the truck in the am but i think i got around 20 towing.Later Don T
167907.jpg

Here's my setup... since 2003, I've gone over 14,000 miles in it...
167965.jpg

We just got back from momma and I's 25 anniversary trip to cape cod and the vineyaaaard.....

Here's a few camping Pics from this summer. 1st one is getting ready to leave to goto Red Power Roundup in Madison, actually we camped in Baraboo, WI. This time I pulled it with a 2001 Chev 2500HD with a 6.0 gas. This pulled the camper fine, it was a huge upgrade over my Ford Expedition but not as nice as the Diesel in the later pics.
179158.jpg

Mid late August we camped near Red Wing, MN. This is a 1997 Ford F-350 with a 7.3 Diesel - wow little more torque/power. This thing got 12 or 13 mpg too, compared to 8-9 for the 6.0 gasser. Need to buy a Diesel!
179159.jpg

Here's Andrew the driver, my 17 year old son.
179160.jpg

Backing camper into our driveway, he did great!
179161.jpg

Here's our campsite on Labor Day weekend. After Andrew's football game Friday night we took off and arrived at this campsite at 1am... Sorry for the diesel noise(oops). I pulled all the way through the camp ground - a big circle - and came right back up to the entrance, I was one of the last sites near the entrance. Then we had to squeeze this huge thing in between the trees and up a side hill. We had a blast camping a 4-wheeling.
179162.jpg

Off to the great north camping tomorrow, last time this year... Late fall camping is awesome, nice fresh air and no crowds. We are headed to Old Forge, NY area with the camper and canoe. Hopefully the Moose river has good water in it, and it may, as they lower the lake levels this time of year... Installed an electric heater option in the a/c unit yesterday, as the propane furnace gives me the fickle finger sometimes when it is cold....
179845.gif

hopefully this will take the edge off....
This was at the Vintage Car races at Watkins Glen in September
179846.jpg

179847.jpg

Morgan Trike
179848.jpg

A few good friends, My Father and I just got back from Moose River Rec area bear hunting. We saw nothing, but a good time was had by all. That's my truck with the pop up. My dad likes to sleep in that with heat.

This pic is our camp set up just off Moose River Road, just about 8 miles out of Inlet,NY.

179855.jpg

I would love to camp down there, but this time of year, there are too many people with guns..... Next spring, I spy a campsite south of limekiln right next to the river, about 5 miles in...

Killawog, you're close to Brendan Brigham on the forum... I want to camp at Greenwood park next year sometime...

LOL... there are a lot of people with guns... No shooting though. Roughly 3.5 deer per square mile and 1 bear for 5.

Yeah, I know Brendan... I met him through his mothers partner whom is a big deere guy like myself.

Greenwood is a nice park. If you tent, try going to Long Pond between Willet and Smithville Flatts on Rte 41. My wife and I camped there in late Sept. Nice place to canoe.

179875.jpg

179876.jpg

Back from the Moose river...

Score:
Moose River 1, IHCC Camper/Canoe guy (& wife) 0..

pics to follow...

Finally found a round 'tuit'...

Below is our campsite, on the Moose River in the Adirondacks, which eventually flows in to the east end of Lake Ontario...
181127.jpg

181128.jpg

Nice site, right on the water..
Momma and I drive the canoe about 4 miles north and dumped the Canoe in, and proceded to paddle downstream, with the destination of our campsite... This river is an oxbow style flow, so 4 miles as the heron flies equal about 8 mile of paddling... no proble... it was a very nice day, so peaceful...

Here is where the trouble started... This was momma's first time over rapids, and she had been doing good, until we got stuck on these rocks:
181132.jpg

We tried to get off of them,, but the flatback canoe wouldn't go backwards... We ended up switching ends of the canoe, and I stood 1/2 in the canoe, 1/2 out of the canoe on the rock to slowly pull us off or the rock, back to float again... no problem...

As soon as I got back in the canoe and started to paddle, we hit more rough water and the canoe started over to one side then the next, then floooop... short, fat cub guy is in the drink.... went under 2x... Momma went in, but didn't go under... fortunately, it was only waist deep and the current wasn't too bad... we were between these 2 boulders, and up againt the small rock in the center:
181133.jpg

The water was about 45 degrees, and once we caught our breath and gathered what we could that fell out, she started bailing... eventually we got back in, and made it to shore... other that a couple scrapes and bruises, we were ok, but tired and wet... Once ashore, we walked a 1/4 mile to camp to change, dry out, and food ourselves... On their way to Lake Ontario, are 2 umbrellas, an Indian blanket, a baseball cap, and some assorted individually wrapped snacks...

I did not know where to post these pictures and thought this might be right.We were coming out the road at the camp site this weekend and say a guy in big trouble. He had got to close to the edge of the road with his camper and well it went into the ditch and got caught up on the step and a tree above.
195055.jpg

I had to stop because he had the road blocked and was in a bad way.If you see the rock where the step was destroyed you can imagine how deep he had lost the side of the trailer in there. Next to the rock and back towards my truck the hole is at least 5 foot deep. The guys was trying to get the trailer out but had buried his dually in the road when I got there. I offered to tow him if he had something for me to pull with and he had tie down straps(2). I turned around to pull him out the way he went in and backed up as close as possible.We put his two straps around his trailer axles and around my tow ball.The rear of his camper was on the ground and I knew this would be a tough tow I thought. here is the trailer
195056.jpg

This was a great time for me to use the air bags I had installed on the rear axle of my Ram. I added 60 lbs of air to the bags and that got the trailer bumper off the ground about 3". so I chose 4x4 and he backed up also. He just spun and I drug the camper out with out a spun wheel .In the picture you can see he had to use the picnic table for a step the rest of the weekend and his pride was only slightly damaged. I would not take a cent and he has offered more than once. The step is toast and he tore his rubber roof and a few other scrapes but not as much damage I thought there would be. This was the first day of there Vacation !

Guys I have to brag after this last trip. 21.5 mpg trip average towing,total weight of 15656 lbs with the fiver. we do have a lot of hills around here and love the cummins 5.9 for sure.

195715.jpg

DON - Now THAT's just not fair! I only get about 19-20 MPG cruising 70 MPH with my PSD empty.

I know I could do better if I slowed down but there's no fun (and actually a LOT of danger) in that.

Dennis , My F150 5.4L gasser got 18 MPG headin' south to Florida's panhandle & 24 MPG comin' back nonstop just for pitstops in April. Best ever MPG only haulin' mine & wife's <font color="ff0000">Lugg-age</font>
clappy.gif
. I'd hate to see the mileage & fuel bill haulin' 10,000# more over that 1,100 miles. I wish Ford would've put that 4.5L PSD in the 150's that is/was used in LCF trucks by Navistar & Ford. Even a 3.9 Cummins might cool with a six speed Allison.

Back