• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Cadet 80 hydrostatic drive

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dconklin

displayname
Dan Conklin
I have an cadet 80 with a over heating hydro trans. The fan is broken. Does anyone have the original part # for the fan. It would make it easier to find. I would also like to find more info on the transmission. I have a service manual it tells you how to remove it. There is no info on whats inside or any parts list for it.
One more also;can any kind of motor oil be used in place of the hydro oil?
Thank You Dan Conklin

Parts lookup says a Cub Cadet 80 Transaxle looks like this:
150653.jpg

I don't even see a fan and I'm guessing they're supposed to be a sealed unit but 80w90 should work.
dunno.gif

Dan, here is a second try, but you gotta do the work. Up top where the advertisers are, is a box called 'Cub Cadet Parts Lookup' , click on that, then put in model 80, then pick 80 on resulting list. You will get area on right that lets you pick 'parts'. Now you got a list, pick 'Drive'. You will see item 26 a blower fan(759-3273) but you need addl parts as indicated. Now ya got the idea, everything you wanted to know 'bout how ur tractor goes together.
wave.gif

Dan, another note. I think you want to stay with some form of actual hydraulic fluid, not , motor oil. Hy-Tran is what is used around here but others may pipeup and give suggestions. JMHO

Dan C. You say that you have the Service Manual for your tractor. If it tells you how to remove then it should also inform you of how to not only troubleshoot but also repair your pump. This has been my experience with all the Service Manuals that I've owned or viewed. If I recall that particular pump is an Eaton product. Maybe you need to contact Eaton Corporation CLICK HERE. That is should you have the desire to really get to initimately know the pump and its functions.

Also, Allen S. is correct with using Hy Tran.

Latest posts

Back