• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Best ignition coil

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Contrary to popular belief, there is no such thing as a coil with an internal resistor.

Amen! I've been saying this for years but-------now the beer thirty b.s. is being preached in "CounterMan" a trade periodical for auto parts, and last year I saw it in Hemmings of all places. Sorry to hear about your overhead. Thanks for the great items I got from you so far.

If you are having a lot of coils go bad, you may have other issues causing this.
I may be wrong thinking off the top of my head, but voltage regulator popped up in my tired mind.
CCSpecialties has some nice coils. ;)
On the CC 782 and others like it, the original coil mount, directly on top of the engine, is a terrible place!

I was lucky to score 3 Bosch Blue coils a few years ago... My brother is looking for one and I found that you can't seem to find them around here anymore. But I did find this site in Europe, I believe it's the same coil.

https://spareto.com/products/bosch-ignition-coil/0-221-119-027
I hope you get it! I needed a 782 coil over the summer, and after ordering it, was given a "tracking number". It saw it was coming from France! It made it to the US, cleared customs, then supposedly made it into the US Postal system, but guess what? I never received it! I finally hot a Harley coil, and that was that! (I was never billed for that French coil, either).

I hope you get it! I needed a 782 coil over the summer, and after ordering it, was given a "tracking number". It saw it was coming from France! It made it to the US, cleared customs, then supposedly made it into the US Postal system, but guess what? I never received it! I finally hot a Harley coil, and that was that! (I was never billed for that French coil, either).
I've had a very inexpensive Harley dual coil on my k17 782 for years now. Input and output OHMs reading is same as OEM Kohler. The Kohler coils were swelling and cracking the casing every winter. Not sure why they couldn't handle -15F temps.
I believe the 149 has a single lung engine

Latest posts

Back