• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 30, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a couple photos of my 125 with a QA42 clearing ~6" of wet-ish Wisconsin snow.

299429.jpg

299430.jpg

Attachments

• 299430.jpg
    299430.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 299429.jpg
    299429.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 299429.jpg
    299429.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 299430.jpg
    299430.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 127
Harry. I was hoping the OEM harness I'd paid bigger bucks for was an improved item! This IH/Case/Cub Cadet dealer has several stores and actually had it in their inventory, having for me the day after I'd ordered it.

I do have the neutral safety switch bypassed with a jumper..I had checked that pretty much first thing, but the jumper was intact and tight. Hopefully I'll know more Sunday evening after I've had some time to hoist it up and try to thoroughly exam the entire harness..

I go to pick up the grader blade set-up after work tomorrow and I will take everything you all have said under advisement concerning the snowthrower when I look at it.

I have a pretty fair amount of coin tied up in this 126..But I am that guy who recognizes that a restoration can get a little spendy if you are using NOS parts and trying to buy local..However, that being said, Knowing you've done an actual restoration, as opposed to merely fixing the broke stuff and ignoring the suspect related parts just to save a few bucks, is money well spent if you plan on keeping the machine and using it for years to come.

Thanks again guys
John

Kraig - Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos - You're the BEST!!!! (no mater what Charlie says).

I just looked back at your photos of the cast aluminum chain tensioner. Something that didn't come up in those discussions was about aligning the small sprocket with the large sprocket when adding the shims. I don't know how critical it actually is but assume that chain turns pretty fast. Also, if no shims are installed and you have the drive shaft connected, when you raise lower the thrower the driveshaft pulls the small sprocket shaft back and forth. I never had an issue with that causing a problem but if you add the shims then the sprocket can't slide back and forth and mis-align. I decided this was also best since I didn't stop the thrower rotation just because I had to raise/lift it when turning around or back up, etc.

John E Mitchell - Hey, go at it like it's a "2-fer Sale". Just get the blade and thrower and consider it an investment. Remember IH ain't making any more of the throwers, and if it's in half decent condition and you pay a 2-fer price, the parts are probably worth more than the whole thrower. And while you're at this guys place don't forget to ask him where his Cub Cadet is and is it for sale!!!!

I think mine threw the farthest
fence.gif

Attachments

• fence.gif
    fence.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 122
Jeff
err.gif

Looks like its about time for the thrower versus blade "discussion" again. Won't be long and that white stuff will be flyin'. Got any pics of your "snowthrower"?
whistling.gif
bubbly.gif

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 131
  • whistling.gif
    whistling.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 114
  • bubbly.gif
    bubbly.gif
    9 KB · Views: 121
Jeff B.
I guess I won't post a pic of me throwing snow.
I wouldn't want to burst your HAPPY bubble today.
bannana_guitar.gif

Attachments

• bannana_guitar.gif
    bannana_guitar.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 125
John M. I am definitely not knowledgeable about snow throwers. I live about 2 hours south of you and have tried to use a snow thrower but we just do not have enough snow usually to support buying one except maybe two times a year. Also I think you would need a creeper gear in your 126 to slow it down. On your parts you will not go wrong buying from the sponsors at the top of the page. They stock and sell quality parts at a good price.
On your electrical problem. I think you said you bought a starter solenoid with the harness. I have had problems with 2 tractors starting because the solenoid was not grounding. It grounds with the mounting bolts. If not grounded You will not get a click or anything when trying to start the tractor Just something to check.
The e mail address in your profile does not work for me but the problem may be on my end. Just my 02c

The old grease burner throws a good stream with thr 450.If you blow up the pic you can see the pulses from the blower.
299434.jpg

Attachments

• 299434.jpg
    299434.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 299434.jpg
    299434.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 123
Ok guys I got one that's stumped me. I rebuilt a k241 for a guy and it won't take fuel? I've got good spark and compression but even with the carb clean off I can shoot ether in the valve as im cranking but it doesn't make it to the spark plug. I've triple checked my clearances and they are good. If I cover the intake while its cranking it has what seems to be a good vacuum so why won't it suck up the fuel?

Latest posts

Back