• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 24, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Charlie!! This IS the best Cub Cadet forum!
thumbsup.gif

New oil pressure relief valve spring kit ordered, this has officially gone all the way now. Measured the free length of the spring I found that I was about .010 out of spec and some how I missed it the first time around. That should give me good oil pressure!
1AA_dance2.gif

Charlie,

Ouch, kind of hard on the steering columns of those two Originals.
a_weep.gif

Really do appreciate all you do to keep this site on-line and running. Thanks again.

Installing a BB36 on an original and need to know the diameter of the engine crankshaft end drive pulley. Engine is currently equipped with the 3.75" pulley that powers the deck. This is the same dia as the 90 deg gearbox pulley on the thrower.
263067.jpg

So, the question is this:
Should the crank pulley be larger or smaller diameter than the gearbox pulley or are they the same? The part #'s are different, I'm sure due to the difference in shaft size and the fact that one is a IH part # and the other a Danco part#....???
263068.jpg

I am having clearance problems trying to use the 3.75" pulley in that the Idler arm will hit it when tensioning the belt. The A25 belt listed in the parts look-up is too short w/this pulley and an A26 is too long leading me to believe the C/S pulley should be smaller Dia. in order for the A25 to work properly.

Sure could use some help on this one! Bottom line is I Need to know the correct dia for the C/S pulley

Thanks guys, Y'all are the best!!

Like Harry, I've been unable to connect to the internet with a laptop for the last few days. I'm glad the forum is open for posting again and I hope it stays that way. Like Charlie, I considered putting my emotions into words, but I couldn't find the proper focus. The only thing that I can clearly say is that I love this forum. It has become an integral part of my hobby, and being able to post my progress is almost as important to me as the progress itself. However, I'm not surprised that Charlie shut it down. I think he needs to step away from it for a while, for his own sake. I also think that the forum does need to "evolve" a bit. From what I gather, both the hobby and the forum have changed over the years. I'm not sure what substantive changes need to be made to the forum (although I have a few suggestions), but more importantly, I'm not sure by what mechanism they should be administered. If Charlie is to be believed, and I believe him, the "sole proprietor" approach hasn't worked well, at least for the proprietor. I wish there was a way to formulate a menu of changes, vote on them, and proceed. Not everyone will (ever) be happy, but if everyone has a vote (they already have a voice --if they have posting privileges) then the majority shall rule: that's American, isn't it?

Thank you, Charlie, Kraig, and Bryan. I certainly find your work worthwhile; I hope you gain some measure of satisfaction from it.
smile.gif

My Roy Drusky album arrived today. He, and the whole family, even signed it for me.

Brian B - oops, I misread and thought you were Brian W with the Nightmare 1250.

Jeremiah - I guess I missed something and I did go back and find the archives but nothing about a shutdown of the site. For myself, I'm just one to "go with the flo", but I'm also one that lives by the golden rule "he who has the gold makes the rules" and since Charlie owns the site he makes the rules (I just check the edges of them). By the way, how ya doing on the heat shield, er baffle?

Jeff B - that wood Charlie has looks more like fence posts to me. I don't know why he'd stack'm so high tho. Can't get at the ones at the top, and if he went climbing the pile they'd likely start rolling out from under him. Maybe he's using'm to screen something.

Charlie - you hidin something behind that wood pile?

Back