• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 15, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reposting a question that failed to garner a response: What can I do about a <font size="+2">leaking hydraulic lift cylinder</font> on my Model 149 tractor?

I'm losing more-and-more fluid when I move the cylinder to the stops (and when do you not extend to the stops?); it's dripping onto my 50A deck (didn't notice it on the older 42" deck).

Jeremiah'
Short of repacking the cylinder the only thing you can do is try to replace it with one of equal size and stroke

I burnt up a 107 cub cadet and rebuilt it using parts from a 105 and what else I needed. For some reason it charges clear to the top on the meter. I tried different regulator, Same thing.
Could it be wired wrong? Any help would be accepted. Thanks you. Dick

jeremiah
you might try a hydraulic shop and see if they can get you a kit to rebuild the cylinder. there is a hydraulic shop not too far from here that deals in all things hydraulic. what size is the cylinder i dont have any cubs with hydraulic lifts so i have no idea what size they are and if im in the area ill ask them if they have a kit or replacement

Jeremiah C.
Just get in touch with Houtz, Madson, Myron or Chris and buy a dang cylinder for 20 or 30 bucks and be done with it!

I'd put the 42" deck back on and keep adding fluid.
bottom.gif
244891.jpg

Letting the 120 do some chores today.
244896.jpg

Winter is a comming and i want to get some bird/squirrel food ready.

The Super Duper RARE knife sold for $10.50! Now to refund his money.....

Tom it might have went for more if you would of had the original box and the matching fork,spoon, and optinal spork
err.gif

wont be long
244916.jpg

Marlin Homrighausen

That will never happen to me ! I never use the brake on any of my hydro Cubs. Well maybe after I park them.I just never got in the habit of using the brake and never had a problem with running into anything.Now that I said that I bet I will
bash.gif
Brick_Throw.gif

jeff l baker

I see you could use a cozy cab also,I`am not looking forward to this winter and the 450 and all the snow that will land on me .
old.gif

Jeff,NOOOOOOOOOO....no pictures yet of snow. Im just not ready to put my shorts an skirts away yet
sad.gif

All joking aside,I think this winter is going to be a bad one. The drought we had and we are still behind in moisture here by 7".

I am getting excited though because im in the middle of restoring my snow thrower. I love playing in the winter time....

Slant%20Tongue.gif

okay here we go on another issue 1650

turned key on today and nothing. will not do any thing thinking either ignition key or solenoid how do i test these items?

1. jumped across neutral saftey switch to eliminate switch
2. battery and cables are good and starter is good - i can jump accross the prongs on the solenoid and kicks right in.

any suggestions?

Charlie: I went to CCSpecialties for a NEW or NOS cylinder first, then came here. Boneyard is last resort for a part that by its nature wears out. After the mowing season I'll take it to a hydraulic shop I know. If and only if it can't be repaired or replaced new, will I pick up a used one, at least that is my plan. However, I didn't know you could pick one up that cheaply, so it's good to know going in. Thanks for the info.
smile.gif

I don't recall the topic coming up all that often on the forum, perhaps cylinder failure is an uncommon event, and a used cylinder would give good service, but I would prefer new or rebuilt, at least re-buildable!

OK guys sorry, here are some pics I got today. I found a tag on the deck I think might tell me some info on it but its been painted over pretty good. I think it is a 42" deck, from the two outside blades center is 32" and matching up pictures from CC Specialties I believe it is a 42"

I don't have notches or a release leaver either. So I am assuming a 42. I wrenched the bolt all the way out to me and it didn't seem to really move the other pulley, I don't know, well I'll let the pictures do some talking. I forgot to say, I measured my belt, from end to end I think was 32" long? I had my 4 year old helping so it was a little tough. (He says its his tractor)
244926.jpg

244927.jpg

244928.jpg

244929.jpg

244930.jpg

is this the deck's serial number?
244931.jpg

244932.jpg

244933.jpg

Jeremiah C.
It's a VERY uncommon thing to blow a lift cylinder. Get ya a good used one and you'll probably never have it happen again.
BTW, NOS one's are available, but I don't think that the $268.00 price tag is worth it, LOL

Guys--Thought I'd post a pic of my Sons 125 with the new Used Bar Lugs installed. My friend purchased an off topic tractor that he is going to part out and was trying to figure out why the wheels were sticking out so far. When I showed him that these were Cub wheels and they have a concave dish vs the convex dish that his tractor would have had OEM, he was bummed. I told him that with the Bar Lugs on them that I'd like to take them off his hands, and so we made a deal. I know they are a little large for his tractor but with the skinnys on the front I think it looks cool.

244952.jpg

It gives this little beast a mean stance. I have the PTO back together but I had to order another friction wear button because I broke the one I bought
bash.gif

244953.jpg

Another question I have for you is, this tractor came with inside the wheel cast iron weights. I haven't seen these on the forum much. Are they an IH item and how rare are they? Outside of throwing them on a scale, does anyone know what they weigh?

244954.jpg

Latest posts

Back