Archive through September 08, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott: I made a mistake after going home looking at my snowblade that triangle bracket has only 2 bolts bolted to the frame work still I know it can move forward or back according to the application you are using. Sorry for any confusion!

Got to play with my 122 Sat. and Sun. nice strong running outfit and sure glad I bought it now I can rest the 1000 for awhile.

Pops
old.gif

Lewis, well done!
greenthumb.gif
Are those new tires on the front of your 107? If so, what brand are they and where did you get them? Does your 125 have a non-ripped seat? It looks to be in very good condition from what I can see of it in the background. How about a few photos of the 125?
happy.gif

Request for help.
Have a creeper on my 122. It's leaking oil from the front...any recommendations on how to stop the leak? Is there a seal I need to replace? If so, where is the seal and how do I disassemble?
When installing I was able to remove the front clip but could not disassemble the thing.
Thank you.
Peter

Hey has anyone used those brake bad linings for external brakes that you grind your old linings off and loctite the new ones on? Do they work worth a flip?

Peter S., here's some info from the service manual.

93789.jpg

93790.jpg

93791.jpg

Richard,
draw.gif
fence.gif
roflol.gif
BTW any progress photos of the latest 1650 you were working on?
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Lewis: Beautiful job on the 107 pat yourself on the back well deserved. The 125 looks real clean also.

Pops
old.gif

Todd A., I used a set of cheap automotive brake pads on my 128. The pads I used were riveted. I drilled out the rivots and cut the pads with a bandsaw in half. I saved the other halfs for next time. I used loctite brand adhesive, and one at a time left the pad in the vise overnight. Worked great for me! I have the carquest part# at work if ya are interested...

Todd H., what thickness did you cut the linings to? quarter, three sixteenths? Thanks.
coffee.gif

Okay, heres a plow question. Im trying to set my plow up but am having trouble getting it to dig in and stay in the ground. The straps I got with my hitch have the slots in the one end. I guess this lets the implement your pulling "float". Should I try the straps with just a hole on the one end rather than the sloted type? I have tried several adjustments but this seems to the problem. Any tips? THanks,Dustin

Hello, my name is Jacob, and I am a Cub Cadet 105 owner. I am here because I am having problems, and hope the powers of the internet will come to my aid.

The 105 was a gift (hand-me-down). When it got to me it worked just fine, minus a few backfires here and there. I figured these were hill related and ignored them. It is even custom (I gotz headlights yo!) and great to mow on.

Then one day it happened. I turned it on, it ran for a few moments and then stopped. No amount of sweet talking or grass growing could get it to turn back on. I let it sit, did some other work, tried it, and poof! Right on it started... only to die a few seconds later.

So that is the current issue. If the 105 has been sitting for a while, it will start, run for a few seconds, maybe a minute or so, but then cut out. It may start back up, it may not. But if I let it sit, it will eventually start.

Here is what I did:

I used/abused Google/Yahoo! For hours. I found this:
https://www.ihcubcadet.com/IHCCFAQ/Additives.htm

And put some Marvel Mystery Oil in both the gas and oil. Been running it until it stops since to get the stuff moving through the engine. No change in behavior tho.

I got carb cleaner and sprayed it in there. A lot.

I checked the battery, it works. Just to make sure I changed the spark plug.

I found this:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ihcubloboyseries/message/9097

I looked for a fuel screen, but didn't find one. I found the fuel bulb (dunno what it is really called) and pulled it off. Gas easily flowed out of it. I then pulled off the float bowl. It too had gas in it, but I couldn't tell how fast it was filling.

So that is where I am. I suspect that it is a fuel issue. That fuel is not moving through fast enough to fill demand, and is only re-supplied over time... I just don't know where to go from here. I also suspect that it is something simple I am missing.

Also, and this is important, I only know enough about this to get myself in trouble. I could be wrong about my assessment.

Jacob, first off, WELCOME!
groupwave.gif
Second, do you have spark at the spark plug?

Kraig,

uh, haven't checked, would the mower run at all if i didn't? she'll run, even move for a (short) bit.

Kraig, You may not believe this, but while working on the 1650 I decided to change a workbench setup and before I knew it I was in over my head. Hopefully I will get the shop back together again and can get back on the 1650 project.

Thanks for the Creeper information, Kraig. I guess I just needed to persuade that thing apart just a bit more than I did.
Peter

Richard, I know full well how that happens, BTDT.
happy.gif

Jacob, when it won't start does it have spark? If it doesn't have spark then it's most likely the condenser. Spark when cool, no spark when hot usually = bad condenser.

Jacob, I'm sure Kraig will get back to you, but in the meantime check to make sure your gas cap is vented. If nothing else run it until it stalls and loosen or remove the gas cap and see if it starts. If this doesn't fix it it is most likely the ignition coil or the condenser. Do a search of the Vault, as there is more information on how to check either of them than you will ever need.

Latest posts

Back