• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 07, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Ryan D Wilke (Rwilke) well i made a mistake on the serial number. i gave you the ser for my 149.
I just got home from camping and checked the number on my 147 and there was damage to the tag on the rear. what i can read is 2050041u*0894. could this be (150894) ?? .have some big tractors pictures to post later,,, Don T

Had a great time camping and the weather was great. saw some big tractors i thought i should share .
169170.jpg

169171.jpg

169172.jpg

169173.jpg

I hope you all enjoy them.I was lucky that he had them out in the sun for the afternoon. the gent was from Ontario and has a nice collection. Later Don T
animatedihbear.gif

Brendan Brigham,
I used to make canvas tops for boats so that should be real simple.
You might want to check the market to see if making soft cabs would be worth your while.
rolleyes.gif

Richard....Yepper, the thought has crossed my mind a few times. Actually still sticking there. Need to find a soft cab/wind breaker that is on the way to trash so I can see how it's pit together and use for a rough pattern. I have made replacement seat covers in leather for nice original condition '76 LTD so these would be easy. I also need to get a new commercial sewing machine, your everyday household machines are not up to the task.

Mike G, Great "O", maybe the PO was going for the orchard tractor look since the exaust is sitting horizontal
ihrotate.gif

Brendan, I have a friend who has that type of rear tire on one of his six restored CC roundy fendered Cubs. I asked him where he got them
(the tires) because they looked fairly new. He said he restored that tractor a few years ago and put them on, but i cant remember where he said he had gotten them. He wasnt sure if they even made them anymore either. It would be kinda cool and nice if they did
greenthumb.gif

Marlin H, That IH radio would be easier to find than a pretty girl....espcially one thats likes Cubs and is around my age
lol.gif

Brendan – The tires have a real bad case of dry rot, it’s hard to believe they even hold air with all the cracks in them.

Surprisingly, my neighbor actually got the thing fired up! Ya just can’t beat these old Kohlers.

Mike G.,
Why give it to the neighbor who has too many already? I could have taken that off your hands. I don't have an Original - yet!

Mike...I know how that is, dry rot, one of the rears on my 73 is split so bad if I took the chains of the sidewall would come apart. Good thing there's tubes in them. I may see how long it will hold out till the chains do no good
happy.gif

looking to paint my hood that I just got what are some recommandtions on color and tips can only use spray paints don't have a gun yet also tractor will not be a show one I like to use and abuse mine (little abuse) thanks again

Terry - I found it in your backyard near Farmington off of "W". Was I poaching in your neighborhood? OOPS!

Mike G. You should probably keep that Original seeing that it has the very rare handwarmer attachment.
clappy.gif
Plus Terry R. has a good point. Send that Original Terry's way. He'll give it a good home.

Richard C. If anyone would have a picture of the pretty girl option on a Cub Cadet that person would be Kraig.
happy.gif

Brendan B. We do have Verizon so I'll let Angel read your post. She didn't get a picture or film of Fancy riding with me whe I got the 782D out this morning to keep on cleaning the garage. He loves tractor rides. (He knows that it is easier to check things out while riding high on the seat.)

Donald T. Sweet pictures. Thank You for sharing.
beerchug.gif

Josh O. You just missed an IH radio on Ebay for under $20.00. About finding a pretty girl that likes Cub Cadets.... post some pictures of yourself and some specifications and we'll start going to work on finding you a gal that likes Cub Cadets. You know sorta like that Match.com thingy you see. Of course then there is criaglist....
whistling.gif
(just kidding)

Wait Josh... Just thought of this. You need a kitty like Fancy. The neighborhood kids just love to see him riding on the Cub Cadets. They wave and say, "Hi Fancy." all the time.

I have the garage cleaned enough to get nine tractors inside. It's cleaner only not setup to be efficient enough yet. SSSssooo.... next weekend I know what I'll be doing.

I was putting the throttle and choke cables on the 104 project I started about 7 months ago and have a belt and a sparkplug wire to go before it will run! I figured it hasnt ran in at least 10 years or so, so I'm kinda excited! I got to thinking today that getting free Cub's are always good things to get! Then I also thought about how much money I have put into this 104 and I almost had a heart attack! I still need some tires, a seat and a decal set, then I think it's done. I will post the before and after pics when I get the rest of the stuff! I also wanted to say a big "Thank You" to all of you guys who helped me out and sold me the 400 other things I needed! The next one I get I will try to make sure almost all of it is there!

Mike G, if you think those tires have bad cracks you should see the narrow tires on my 100. I will post some pics tomorow if you dont beleive me.

Marlin H, I try to stay away from epay, I got burned once, but i did get revenge. So i dont even set foot in the area if i can help it. No, you cant suggest craigslist cuz i already look there(not kidding LOL) I am rather odd you might say(I dont need any comments on that LOL) as far as my interests and hobbies,like living on a farm and working on another one, and of course Cubs. That really narrows my options doesnt it
coffee.gif

and besides how would you get me someone from down there to up here? I hope you wouldnt ship her in a box or anything
shame.gif

Could some one tell me which carb kit I need for my 1963 Cub Cadet Original with the 7hp Kohler?
Also, the engine smokes a little. I removed the head and cleaned awat a little carbon buildup and the cylinder wall looks great. Could the rings be worn causing the smoke?
thanks,
Tony P
Unionville, NC

Mike,
I say that was poaching! That's a serious offense. And then the gall to let your "neighbor" have it!! Who already has a few!! Yikes.
IHThumbsDOWN.jpg

I spent some time working with my 104 this afternoon. The original carburetor had a loose throttle shaft. I stoled one off my non-running 104, and after some carb cleaning and adjustments, it runs perfect.

169179.jpg

I also got my "105" out for some leisure time.

169180.jpg

169181.jpg

And finally, I have been trying to free of the shift forks on the 122. Went through a can of PB Blaster so far, and only the 2 and 3 shift forks are free. I'm still working on the 1 and reverse.

169182.jpg

Don T.,
Ahh, I thought there might have been a mix up.
dizzy.gif

Based on the serial # of the engine and of other tractors with similar engines, I'd ask -- could the serial # possibly be 2050041U<font size="+1">350894</font>?
1a_scratchhead.gif

If so, then that would fit well with the others that have been reported for mid-1970 build serial #s.

Ryan Wilke
coffee.gif

P.S. -- Glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation and made it back safe n' sound!
beerchug.gif

Terry – it would probably be scared in my shed surrounded by all the green and yellow anyway.
bouncy.gif
As I said before, OOPS!
biggrin.gif

Josh O. Heavens no... we'd never ship a pretty gal in a box. However via the Cub cadet Transportation Network is another thing. That way she could work on some of our Cubs and get in practice for being around you.
happy.gif

Off to work... everyone have a great day.

Latest posts

Back