Archive through September 06, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Steve B.
Does a little primer hurt the aesthetic value!
biggrin.gif

322326.jpg

Has anyone changed a 582 special cub cadet over to a standard gear drive tractor if so what was used on the brake set up that's the trouble I having now I don't really know what way to go 128 style or 1806 style. Thanks, Joey.

Joseph D.-

A long time ago I turned a 580 (yellow and white 582S) into a 582. You can go either way, but you'll need the right bellcrank on the clutch/brake shaft that matches internal or external brake. As I recall they are not the same.

Anyone have an idea as to how much weight is TOO MUCH WEIGHT hanging on the rear of a Cub??

I have crammed 435 pounds into the box on the 149 DanCo loader box that's mounted on the Cub loader project.
It is now much easier to steer, but so far, the bucket has not been loaded with anything. I feel if any amount of weight is hauled in it, it will be near impossible to steer. It is already that way with NO weight in the counterweight box.

I have added needle bearings to the bottom of the spindles but that don't seem to help at all. So now I am thinking changing the needles to ball bearings which will require more meat to be taken off the bottom of the spindles. Also, have been considering 4 bolt trailer type hubs and wheels to match from Extreme.

Power steering could also be lurking down the road as well. I have 2 units from parts tractors to choose from. Planning on doing some mock up work next week as time allows on a parted 1650 frame and running gear. I don't know if anyone has gone down that road with an early wide frame, but we are sure going to give it a try!!

I only wish I had given this much more thought before the 149 restoration got this far down the track.

STILL WAITING on so called Car Club friend to return my repaired and painted dash, hood and nosepiece!! Getting really pissed at this point as I have already missed three shows and it's looking like I will miss the 2018 Chapter #5 Summer Show next week at Forest City, IA.

Rant over!!

Got 'em on the 882 w/snow blade. They work well there.
But how would the work w/a loader in dirt and soft ground??
I think I will try swapping them out and see what difference it will make.

Jason, drive on over to McHenry county, I'm sure I got a project you need......

Just put Power Steering on it....

Got this far last night.
This is on a 1650 roller.
Seems the existing lower hole in the left frame rail positions the bracket in just the right spot.

Looks like some major mods will be necessary to the left side loader subframe to make this work.

I think I'll try the tri ribs on the front axle first and mayby add a little more weight to the box in the way of lead.
It is plumb full of iron right with no more room!!
Looks like 1/2 full of lead will weigh about what is does now w/room for more.

322391.jpg

322392.jpg

322393.jpg

What I want to know is! Who has Vice Grips that freakin big to use just in case you might need'um one day!!!!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back