• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 20, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the subject of zerk fittings, is there one on the front axle pivot point on a 149 in some seceret place that I've failed to see?
help.gif
Oh, and my new slogan is as followes: <font color="ff0000"><font face="verdana,arial,helvetica"><font size="+2">"Freinds Don't Let Freinds Drive Green Tractors."</font></font></font>

Charlie - found the fitting. Looks like I'll have to remove the underpan to get to it. You think emptying a can of grease in it will do the trick? I'm used to the wheel turning relatively freely with the front blade on - albeit on snowpack.

Glen C:

That grease zerk is depicted on Page #39 & 40 of the Owner's Manual.

thumbsup.gif

Mike F.
No you won't have to remove the skid plate. Laying on your side on the left side of the tractor (like your setting on it). You can put the grease gun right up beside the slot in the pan and get things greased up just fine.
My suggestion would be to jack the front end up and make sure that's the real problem though. That way you can tell if you might need to do a rebuild of the steering box.

guess it would help if I end up getting a new owners manual...the other one was lost by the previous owner of the cub... I'll have to go to Binder Books to get a complete manual set.

Allen S:

Sorry....I missed your original post.

I got my #6 & #8 gauge wire at a local Ag Type Dealer (ie: Tractor Supply). In my area, there are a couple of Ag Implement Dealers, Auto Parts Stores, and Starter/Generator shops, that will custom make battery cables to your specifications.

The Commercial grade wire I suppose would be OK, it is just stiffer to work with. I personally don't care for the THHN sheathing but find that is what is most popular. The finer stranded cables (or wires) are more flexible.

Hi guys , two things , Is there any pics of a 38" mower deck in the archives ? I didn't find any . Trying to reasemble mine . What is the belt part number that goes from the engine to the drive mechanism on an original ?

Randall S:

Is this what you are looking for...??
43211.jpg

Belt Part Number: 954-0226

Thanks Roland. Only 1 TCS store around here, at some distance. Will try large auto store few towns away, other wise its THHN cable. A.

Latest posts

Back