• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 16, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don B., is it the Scoop Tote that Tom H. had for sale? Check out the Archived August 31, 2008 Classifieds
dunno.gif

Okay, More tiller questions. From what i have seen ih had roughly 4-5 tillers. Ive seen the ones with the one side extions and extions on both sides. Which works the best? the small, medium or large models. I know the numbers are like 1a 2b, etc but havnt looked into enough yet to know which is which. I have a creeper and hydro so the tractor will not be a factor!
err.gif

Kraig,

Yea it is the first one, but mine does not look so pretty. I probably also need to modify the placement of the wheels. They kind of rub up against the rear wheels of the tractor. That is probably why they are not used to much on a wide frame. I remember seeing a post showing this but can't seem to find it and i did not think to copy it. About the belt, I'm not at home but will look at it when I get there. Thanks.

Ah Kraig yes its like the one Charlie posted
That thing has stuck in my mind for a few years now LOL (lots of space in there) I was thinking the one I seen was a black & white photo but maybe not. Thanks Kraig that thing looks interesting for sure.
95410.jpg

Kraig,

No the belt I was sent is a IH-478881-R3, 3/8 X 85 just a bit to long. It also fits a 38" deck just not mine. Guess I'll have to send it back and get the right one. Thanks for the help. Next post I will add some photos.

Dustin S,

IH made a #1, #1A, #2 and #2B tiller. They are very similar in design. The #1 and #1A had 4 tines standard for an approximate 28" cut which was good for a 7 hp Cubbie. If you had more horsepower available, you could purchase add-on 6" extension tines (either one or two) to increase the width to approxomately 40". The biggest difference I've seen between a #1 and #1A models is on the 90-degree gearbox. The #1 gearbox has 3 bolts attaching it to the mounting bracket whereas the #1A gearbox had 4 attachment bolts for higher horsepower Cubbies.

When the wide frame models came out, the #2 tiller was introduced. It came standard with 6 tines (~40" cut) and no extensions were available. The #2B came out with the introduction of the 82 series and is the same as the #2 except for the input shaft pulley on the 90-degree gearbox which accommodates the wider 5/8" drive belt. Also the upper corners of the gearbox mounting bracket were beveled to clear the bottom of the frame.

I finally found the pic of the nemco scoop
95413.jpg

Ron great ID for the tillers thanks

Rebuilding a K321.Crank shaft Question The shims got distroyed removing bearing plate. Any hint or which ones to start with and then when you get in spec do you use sealer in between the shims or leave dry?

Latest posts

Back