• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 15, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwiggins

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Jason Wiggins
Earl F -

310119.jpg

Almost 5hrs is about what Momma and I spend on the road during our Weekend Drives to no particular destination,,,,
So yes you are correct, "ain't that far AT ALL actually ",,, Lord Willing there is another BPD next year,,, I'll have weights & plow for the 149 by then,,,
thumbsup.gif

Can't wait to see all the pics,,,
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• 310119.jpg
    310119.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 140
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 131
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 137
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 137
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 129
  • 310119.jpg
    310119.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 136
310122.jpg

The answer is I bought them all!!
107, 105, 129, 1450 parts units. 7 Kohler blocks and mics pieces. F150 is loaded!

Attachments

• 310122.jpg
    310122.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 310122.jpg
    310122.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 157
Jim, we did by just removing gas tank and hoog latch cover.
Jason, see previous pic....

Sorry about the ugly green thing, came with...
Poor tractors, even a 125 in what ever pieces are left! I beat out the scrappers!!

Earl -
Saving all that yellow & white from the scrappers,,,, Excellent job!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

You did GOOD!!!!!!!

310125.jpg
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 310125.jpg
    310125.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 128
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 140
  • 310125.jpg
    310125.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 144
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 144
All are going into my buddies barn for now. Unfortunately BPD is an every other year event due to crop rotation.

I almost got a deal going with my friend's dad, but he backed down when he saw a video from Travis' out in Iowa. I was bummed.

107 looks like it fell off a trailer and rolled. All have some part(s) missing.

Oh and I got a #2 cart! Had to put in another trailer.

So cozycab will probably end up being a hydro once I put 104/5 together. Oh boy, did I ask for another project or what!!!

dizzy.gif

Attachments

• dizzy.gif
    dizzy.gif
    367 bytes · Views: 131
Earl F.

On a good (no knock) engine, all of 3600 rpm, but never over 3700......mine all run right around 3680 no load.......

I finally got the subframe I need for mounting my front blade on the 73...Thanks John Boelens
icon_jam.gif

310132.jpg

Attachments

• 310132.jpg
    310132.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 171
  • icon_jam.gif
    icon_jam.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 310132.jpg
    310132.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 158
Jason W. That was Fancy's first tractor ride back in 2007 for my profile picture. I had to park Fancy's own 1650 this year due to it needing new rings and a valve job. Hopefully over the winter I can get that taken care of. He's 14 years old now and we treat each day with him as a gift. His personal stamp of approval is this...
310135.gif

Earl F. Thank You for rescuing all those things from the scrapper. Even that little green thing. They are all part of a past history and someone will give that green item a good home.

Steve S. Very nice addition to the 73. Congratulations!!!
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 135
  • 310135.gif
    310135.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 310135.gif
    310135.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 135
310141.jpg

Maybe this is a better shot!
Thanks for the compliments.
Other than being about gutted, 1450 is real nice! I think 2 to make 1 is going to happen. And with all those blocks I can get a complete PTO on the 100!

Attachments

• 310141.jpg
    310141.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 310141.jpg
    310141.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 144
Wow---what a Saturday! Nice score Earl. So glad to see you saved those from the scrap heap. It will be fun sorting through all of that and figuring out what you will do with it all.

Marlin--I'm bummed that I still won't get to meet you just yet but it will happen one of these days out on the trail. I liked your pic of the furry kid and you getting some seat time. We just added another little calico named Pepper--pics for you over in the sandbox sometime soon. I certainly understand about being busy--the story of my life.

Jason W--you'll have to make a trip over in the future to Bluniers or keep your eyes and ears open for something a little closer to home. Hopefully we can convince Corey and Rick to host BC III next year...

Earl F.,

Success! I took your advise. The hydro-lift control valve is free & it works now with no leaks.

I left it in place and used a 12" x 5/8" aluminum drift rod I have and went through the hour-meter's dash panel opening to get a better line on it.
Kept the top and bottom of the shuttle wet with PB blaster and just moderately kept tapping it up & down and it finally got to working freely after about 15 - 20 min.

One thing is still puzzling though. When using the hydro-lift, I get a very small amount of Hytrans oil that sort of sprays out the top of both hydro valves for a fraction of a second. Maybe the amount of 3 or 4 drops, but in a spray.

That's the only time they do that. You can move the hydrostat drive from forward to reverse as many times as you like and and not a drop comes out either of them. By the way, these are new valves so I don't think they're the problem.

Have you ever heard of other cubs w/ hydro-lifts acting like this?
I just might put my 1000 psi test gauge in the charge pump test port and see what the pressure readings are in the various positions of the controls.

Congrats on the nice score, a whole trailer full of cubs, WOW!

Thanks for all your help!

When you deadhead the hydraulic lift circuit charge pressure in the hydro goes from 200 psi to 650 psi......this explains oil spray out of weak check valves on the hydro.

Jim L. Give a call to who you got the valves from. I'm not a hydraulic expert and Steve has a much greater understanding by far than I. The valve seller may be able to tell you all you need to know, including if the valves themselves may at all have a problem. I've had various new parts fail from the get go on many different projects. I'm not saying this is the case, but it is possible.
I'm glad you got the lift working, congrats!

No, local (60 mi) sale. I don't know about the one you are talking about Austin.

Does anyone have any specs/info on the spring used in a NF spring assist? I'm thinking of putting together a homemade one as they seem to be hard to come by or quite expensive when I have seen them. Length and tension force are the two metrics that I would be interested in obtaining so I can look for a similar stand-alone spring.

Thanks!

Steve B. & Earl F.,

I'm still trying to sort out this non-maintained and abused 1650 w/ johnson 14 loader that I got a from previous owner that threw away parts that were in his way while he worked on it (i.e.- belly pan, rear hood support, etc.) and then abandoned his efforts, left it outside for 15 years, then died.

I wanted to finish collecting missing parts and make the tractor whole again before I changed all the fluids and such.
Never really paid much attention to the underside of this rig, but when I looked under it today I noticed it has a Fram #PH43 automotive oil filter in place on the hydrostat instead of a proper CC hydrostat filter!
I think this could be the problem causing the new valves to "spit-up" as most automotive oil filters have an anti-drain back valve in them.

I've got a new cover gasket, CC filter and Hytrans fluid for it. I was just waiting to finish all the other work first. Never gave it a thought that somebody would have put a motor oil filter in place of a hydraulic filter!

I'm going to try to open it up this week to do a fluid/filter change, inspection, clean out and all that.
Keep you all posted with the results.

Jim, that could very well be a big problem. I know not to use anything other that the prescribed hydraulic filters for these tractors. If your in need of any info on what's missing ask for pics of our units, or post of yours and between them can figure out what you have or are missing. You can use the search function to research, look in the archives, or take a look at the manuals here.

Please let us know how the filter and hytran change turns out.
I also have used the parts lookup to find names and part numbers, or identify any parts used in different models that I may have laying around already.

Back