• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 11, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
bash.gif

95171.jpg

95172.jpg

I can, but I think you'll find I got bitten by the archive bug and now the pics are here. Your turn -- what's ROLL TIDE?
stupid.gif
(and I'm here by myself)
P.S. With an email in your profile, no need to post it in open forum.
smile.gif

Luther:
Don't know - I assume that the normal cleaning and washdown with metal prep after the stripping would neutralize any residue. I haven't had any issue with stuff I've stripped with electrolysis. I really would like to find why the primer mfrs don't like the soda blast - it may be because of embedding in the blasted object that a normal washdown wouldn't take care of..

John David:
If he'll do it for 28 bucks, jump on it !! In the TIP catalog, the Soda Blast media is something like 39 bucks a package...and it's not reusable and they say about 135 seconds to clean a 6" x 6" area. I can see where it would be great for cleaning delicate Cub parts, but I'd question using it to strip a shop cherry picker.

FRANK CURRIER

I graduated from the University of Alabama many, many years ago. College football seems to be a much bigger thing in the south than in other parts of the country. It is celebrated and followed year round, rather than just during the fall. I take great pride in the TIDE and have always been a fan (short for fanatic) of BAMA football. I have an Alabama room in my home, I have a burgundy colored touring car with gray leather interior and a personalized YEA UA tag. My truck has Bama tags and magnetic BAMA logos on the doors. I fly a University of Alabama flag below the American Flag on my flagpole during football season, and I usually wear some item of Alabama clothing, year round. Cub Cadets and Alabama Football are rivals for my time, behind my wife, that is! That's why the ROLL TIDE.

John-David Reaves
ROLL TIDE

KENDELL IDE

I told him I would have it to him ASAP. He said he had two cars to finish and paint, and he could get to it in about two weeks. For $28, I can wait.

John-David Reaves
ROLL TIDE

<font face="arial,helvetica"><font size="+1">
help.gif

Need some help; has anyone rebuilt the spindles for a 50C mower deck? Can the bearings be replaced? I have two that are very loose and need to be rebuilt or replaced. If they are rebuildable any information or instructions would be great.

Larry</font></font>

JD: Meet Lucy, the pride of our CC fleet (although not made by IH). I could get poofed for this post, but her (worn in the last 10 years) hood decal has nothing to do with predudice, but a LOT to do with independence. Hey, I'm unpoofable! In the background is the garden spot (Jeanne lets me buy cub stuff to do this) and the tiller belt came from CC Specialties. Hangin' around, takin' it slow ...
95175.jpg

FRANK - Lucy is beautiful. So is her 'nose art'. Nice country in the background. Kinda reminds me of the rural areas here in Alabama.

Going to include some nose art (like on the WWII aircraft) on my 169, the 'Bama Belle', when she's finished.

John-David Reaves
ROLL TIDE

169, 149, same hood. Who's good at photoshop with ideas about "dressing up" a hood? I've given up on restoration -- these Cubs are too busy helping around here.

Started painting wheels and hood, got new front tires on, what a ton of fun they were! Gotta love those 8" wheels and rims. I have to do the wheel wieghts yet but I'm going to sandblast them. I have seen wheel weights in both white and yellow and was wondering what color they are supposed to be? Any answer would be good enough for me!

Scott,
The answer is which ever color you like best. They could have been white, yellow, or red. They are the same as the front weights for farmall cubs.

Thanks! They appear to have been yellow at some time but they have alot of surface rust. Also would anyone know the overall length of the electric lift with motor and actuator? I might possibly have a linear actuator coming and need to know if it will fit in to the same area as an authentic electric lift.

Hello everyone. This is my first post. Up way too late, can't sleep. I have a 100 that jumps out of reverse. It does it really bad when backing up a hill. Is this something that is easy to fix, or is it pretty involved. Thanks

Larry S:

Here is what you need...ST-745
95178.jpg

This is available from your local Cub Cadet or Case-IH Dealer(s). Also, the Forum Sponsors carrys this part.

<font face="arial,helvetica"><font size="+1">
Roland B:

OK thank you, I take it I can't replace the bearings in the spindel, I need a new one.</font></font>

Larry

Kendell,
What do you use to clean the black residue off when you are done in the electrolysis bath? I have been cleaning parts for a couple months now, but I have yet to find an easy way to get that black stuff off. I have been using a scuff pad, but some stuff I still use a wire wheel.

Well guys I need to vent here. I sent out a Canadian money order ( US FUNDS) to a person on this site to pay for a Cub Part and when he when to his P{O they told him after paying for the shipping he would have to take the change as stamps( Bull). So i when to the USPS site and read that i was right the po must cash the money order at not charge (cash).At USPS i searched under (Can a Canadian money order be cashed at a United States Post Office?) and yes it was to be paid.(Canadian money orders may be cashed at a United States Post Office as long as:

* The money order is addressed to a payee in the United States.
* The amount is imprinted in United States currency. Thanks guys for this and well it might be handy for some of you in the future. Later Don T

Don: Maybe his Post Office is like ours - doesn't have enough cash money!
beerchug.gif

Latest posts

Back