• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 07, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig & Todd H.-

#8 in that drawing is for tractors with the AL tranny to put the sleeve hitch on it. But, I think it is the same as the 1100.

Ryan, my parts listing shows that item #8 is only used on the 1100, 482, 580, 582, 1604 and 1606. All of them use the same or similar type of transaxle as the 1100. It is used for mounting the drawbar as well as the lower 3 point bracket when a 3 point hitch is installed. When no 3 point is installed there is a simple plate with intregal drawbar.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on October 08, 2004)

Hmmm...I don't know if you have anything for the 1811, but I am pretty sure they used the same thing to adapt the sleeve hitch instead of using the Cat '0' hitch.

A person with a 71 in second gear & 2ft tall grass has such a setup.

Would that be the 582 Special in your list...because the 582 has a regular 3sp tranny, not the Peerless.

Ryan, it isn't listed for the 1811, however the 1811 and the 682 use the same plate when mounting the CAT-0 hitch, soooooooo, one can only assume that the part in question, item #8, could be mounted to an 1811. You are correct it would be for the 582 Special only which might also exclude the 1604 and 1606.

If anyone is in the vicinity of Boonville, Indiana this weekend, stop by Thersherman Park and say Hello. I have several Cub Cadets on display there and would be glad to chat.

Thinking out loud.......Anyone planning to meet at the "Iron Skillet" (aka Rochelle, IL. Petro) in the early AM of plow day for the "dine & dash"????

Apostle -

Tedd mentioned it. Sounds like there'll be at least 3 of us...

http://www.vanmetre.net/

'Afternoon All... Please understand that I am NOT advertising for the above site however if you go to the auction for this Sunday (10-10-04) and go to the pictures for it... there is a fairly neat picture of an LP 560 with what appears to be an Elwood front wheel assist on it. I hope to go to the place tomorrow sometime and get some info and pictures on it.

Charlie ... Thank you for the diagram and other info on that spring. I can't print it off right now so I will this weekend and take that to work on Monday. I should be able to get some info from that. The people are just super there. During the Farm Progress Show last month the company bought tickets for everyone and paid us for four hours work so that we could actually see our product on the machines.

I won't be able to go to Plow Day this fall with a Cub since the 104 has shown definite signs of needing an overhaul... (oh man... :+( ). Just out of curiosity would anyone want me to try and get some Sauer Danfoss caps for door prizes at Plow Day? Well... off to work now so catch everyone later tonight.

Marlin H.....Take the 104 to PD. It's the best thing you can do to see just what shape an engine is really in. It's an excellent place to break in (or just break) an engine.......
happy.gif

A few years ago I had a guy tell me I needed to get to fargo N.D. as they were re-modeling the old International Harvester building and throwing out tons of stuff, Sooooooo!!!!!
I came home with a whole bunch of glass blocks from a wall inside the building.
Thinking of something I could do with the dang things, I came up with this.
Painted,
22058.jpg

Sand Blast Etched,
22059.jpg

Pair
22060.jpg

Cool blocks, Charlie!

Marlin- C'mon down to plow-day, even if you don't feel like bringing your tractor- I'll bring my 109, ready-to-plow, with freshly-rebuilt 10hp, and you're welcome to turn your share of furrows while Nick and I walk through the swap-meet areas!

Art, You should be ashamed of that plow special, I'd part it out too!
wink.gif
I'd trade you a couple of good originals in the process of restoration for it though!
happy.gif

Digger they would be good give aways at Plowday number them to be authenic.

Hello everyone.
I have a 129 hydro with a manual lift and have ordered a hydraulic unit which I should receive next week. I am starting the dismantle process so I can paint some the frame before I install the lift.
I am looking for the procedure to install the new lift. I have looked at the FAQ but I have not seen it and the manuals do not spell it out, or I have not seen it.
I assume that I have to disconnect the drive rod from the engine, all of the linkage, remove the 4 bolts that hold the rear end and hydrostatic drive unit to the frame and roll it away from the frame. Then take off the old assembly and install the new one and reassemble back on the frame.
Am I on the right track or am I missing something. I don't want to make this any more difficult than it is.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Thanks and have a great day
Earl

Earl L.
I guess the first thing I would ask is, does your hydro pump have the ports like this one to add hydraulic lift, or did you order that too?
22069.jpg

(Message edited by cproctor on October 09, 2004)

Had a good day working on the freshly rebuilt 1450 that I bought almost a year ago. Hooked the sweepster back up to it and installed the Sims cab on it since this is gonna be my dedicated broom tractor. Forgot what a pain in the rear that broom is to install by yourself but at least I had the trusty floor jack readily available to assist with the install. After getting it all hooked up I used it to sweep all the leaves from the neighbors trees out to the curb so that the city street department can pick them up with their monster leaf vaccum.

Charlie- Is your dog gonna be the one making the rounds this winter around the neighborhood clearing snow??? He looks so content on the 1450. What did ya have the blade on for?

Digger:
My current pump assembly does not have the ports. That should be coming with the lift. What I ordered should include the assembly with the ports, the cylinder, value, lever, and all of the brackets, lines and what ever else that I need to install it.
Thanks for the response
Earl

Latest posts

Back