• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 07, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rmull

Mike...No head dive, I landed on my feet...but my leg tried to go thru my foot. *Luckily*(?!) I was standing on the bottoms, or it would have gone through my foot.
happy.gif

Cake was from Amanda's birthday on Saturday..25 years old! When do you guys trade in for a newer model?

Digger:
Quickly scanned the forum. Saw your post of the chicken wire air filter. That confirms it for me - people ARE stupid.
Who? me? A cynic? Nawww........
The TBCF

Apparently I confused a bunch of people when I posted in August that I was going to be parting out/selling the Plow Special.
22043.jpg

It's still alive and well in my garage and will most likely be coming to Steve's on the 23rd instead of the 1872.

The parting out/for sale talk was a joke... <font size="-2">Although if I have ANOTHER breakdown at this Plow Day with it, I may just as well part it out!</font>

Cant wait!.....Tedd...how many hours?

Yeah, Art,
That thing looks pretty bad...
...if you would like to send it to Youngstown... ?

I just bought a complete rear lift off a 782 last month and it has a straight lift bar. It also fastens with a pin rather than the block that bolts onto the rockshaft arm. If I remember right, I thought I was told that the manual lift like a 682 or 582 took a different lift bar than a hydraulic lift. I do not have a parts book for a 82 series to verify this.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Chrome foot rests ?<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Yea, I knew I was going to be using this tractor, so I figured black painted ones would just be raw steel after one plow-day anyway. It's just protective, they really aren't as shiney as the picture looks because of all of the old pitting/etc..

Wes, the 682 uses a different lift bar than the 782. The 782, according to the parts drawing, uses a straight bar, part# 703-0408.

You know the saying.......if it don't go, CHROME it!!!

Hey guys,

I replaced my standard non ported hudro in my 1250 with a ported hydro. Because I planned to install a lift at a later date I just put plugs in the ports and everything worked fine.

Today I installed the lift and am having some problems. Unless I hold the lift lever all the way back the tractor will not move. With the lever in the home possition it seems like all of the fluid is just circulating straight through the spool valve. I think the valve is getting full travel---- 1/4"-3/8".

The lift lever operates as follows.

Home

Pull back slightly=down

Pull back all the way=up

Is this normal operation ?

Could a auto release valve be stuck? I have switched them around and no change.

Help

Hey guys,

Check out the US Farm Report with Max Armstrong over the next few days...Big Steve did a telephone interview with Max this afternoon about Plowday!!!!!

Gotta go set the Dish DVR to record the farm report for the next week or so!!!!!

Paul D.

DO NOT RUN IT LIKE THAT!!!!! You are starving the hydro for charge oil....bad bad bad.

Is it an IH valve????? Is it plumbed correctly????? Are you sure you have an OPEN CENTER valve????? Sounds like you have it plumbed goofy or a closed center valve on it.

Gotta get a mower running before the grass starts growing fast again in February!
"I used to be with it. Then they changed what 'it' is. Now 'it' isn't
what I'm with, and what 'it' is, is very strange" - Homer
-bj

Steve B.

The lift is an OEM setup from another Cub with no mods, that is what puzzles me.

Do hydros w/ports have the implement relief spring (on top)& also a charge pump relief spring (on the right side)?
I removed the plug on the right and there is no spring or cone. But as I stated before the hydro worked fine with the ports pluged & no lines.

Paul D,
Did the pump come from a tractor with functioning hyd lift? It sounds like the implement lift relief valve may be missing. As I recall, on the
tractors without hyd lift, they didn't put the relief valve in. You had to put the heavier spring in the top valve and move the charge relief valve spring to the side port. I don't think you can run one with the ports blocked off
with both relief valves and springs in. It sounds like it is dumping the charge back to the resivior
except when you are using the lift.

Now after your last post, I'm sure of it. Yes you need the cone and spring in the side port. Move the light spring to the side port with a cone,
and get the heavier spring for the top port.
BTW, the heavier imp rel valve spring is NLA from
MTD.

(Message edited by tmarkle on October 07, 2004)

Paul D,
It is real easy to understand if you see the flow chart in the service manual. Another thing to watch. Don't mix up the plugs that hold the springs/valves in. They are different. I found that out the hard way. The one has a deeper pocket for the spring. When I put it back together I had no charge pressure and the tractor would barely move.

Latest posts

Back